Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Changing quilts for the seasons >

Changing quilts for the seasons

Changing quilts for the seasons

Old 06-16-2014, 05:19 PM

I have about 3 table runners for every month of the year. I am not a hoarder! having said that I'm very organized with all of the table runners. They are stacked in plastic containers with the months labeled so I can get to them easily. I do not feel I'm crazy but very lucky to have so many to change so I don't get tired of any of them! I also have plenty of quilts to change depending on the season! I have one called " Be Attitude quilt" It has sayings such as: Be grateful, be joyful, be forgiving, be honest, be positive, be loving. I feel that quilts can help us remember what's most important in life!
Old 06-16-2014, 07:23 PM
Power Poster

I don't change out my quilts but I do change my wall hangings.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Anne P View Post
My goal is to make and change wall hangings for the dining room, which is visible from the living room. I also want to make some table runners for the buffet. I love to decorate for the seasons, especially Christmas. I have close to 100 nativity sets (some are one pieces, some three, several are multiple pieces. I have two that have the baby Jesus as separate pieces and I keep Him out of the manger until Christmas eve. Those two go under the tree. The others are all over the place!
As for quilts, I want to make a few throw sized quilts for holidays or seasons, but won't do full on bed quilts that way.
I will be doing well to get a a queen one done for the guest bed and a king for the master bedroom. I'd rather make others for charity, but that's just me.
I love this thought of having nativities displayed. I have some wall hangings with the nativity on the fabrics that I love!