Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chatter Quilts

Chatter Quilts

A very close friend gave me boxes of the most wonderful little pieces of fabric, about 2 inches long and an inch wide with star points on each end. Hope that makes sense. She told me they were called "Chatter Quilts." I can't find anything about them. They would go together like a PSQ and I plan to do that, but I'd sure like to know more about them. Does anyone know about these wonderful quilts? I can't wait to get to working with them, but then if I live to be 150 I just might get to do all the wonderful things that quilting offers.
    Thanks much,
    Betty
    BettyGee, quilter on a Rocky Mountain High

Senior Member carolstickelmaier's Avatar
    I don't know either but will be watching for an answer. Also don't know what PSQ stands for..Please enlighten me. Sounds interesting...Thinking of all those snips and strips I end up putting out for birds or throw away. Tx Carol

Power Poster
    I can't quite picture anything but a pointed Dresden Plate petals? PSQ means postage stamp quilt to me and that is usually squares?

Quote Originally Posted by carolstickelmaier View Post
    I don't know either but will be watching for an answer. Also don't know what PSQ stands for..Please enlighten me. Sounds interesting...Thinking of all those snips and strips I end up putting out for birds or throw away. Tx Carol
    Sorry, PSQ is postage stamp quilt and is made with little squares from 1 inch up to 2.5 inches. They are a lot of fun so let the birds find another source of scraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    I can't quite picture anything but a pointed Dresden Plate petals? PSQ means postage stamp quilt to me and that is usually squares?
    I'm lousy at trying to describe things. This might help. Picture a rectangle 2" by 1" and then put a triangle on the top and the bottom. The friend who gave me the pieces says she has a pattern book somewhere in her treasures and that she will find it. I sure hope so, but I can always use them as in a PSQ if not. Thank you for your interest.

BettyGee - Please show us what these are when you get the book as I could not find anything about them either. Very curious. Sounds really nice.
    Linda

Pictures of the pieces??
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Duh, yes I guess a picture would sure help. Like the old saying, if my head wasn't attached I'd lose that too. I will do a picture and then you will see why I'm so tickled at having all of these wonderful little pieces of fabric.

Has there been any info found on these pieces? I am just curious.
    oneteapot/Laurel

Power Poster
    ​Yes there was an update with a picture. I would post a link but I don't know how, sorry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast