Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Check the Details When Shopping For Featherweights Online

I just purchased a Singer Featherweight 221 from Ebay and I can't wait for it to get here, however I did find several posting listed as "Featherweight" and after doing the research, they are not Featherweight. Beware of people trying to pass off the 99K series as featherweight. They weigh 22#'s. A true featherweight is 12#'s. The seller sent me a very nasty note when I called him on the misrepresentation. Just an FYI :thumbdown:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I sure didn't know the difference! :D

I am quite sure EBAY would want to know of the fraud.

Thanks for the heads up.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads up, I purchase my featherweights from ebay too..........so far, so good..........but hope you like your machine..............calla/Sue

Quote Originally Posted by calla
    Thanks for the heads up, I purchase my featherweights from ebay too..........so far, so good..........but hope you like your machine..............calla/Sue
    Me too.

I noitced this too but know what a K99 Spartan looks like and what a Feather Weight looks like. The spartan is a nice little machine but you should be able to pick them up for way less.

Blog Entries
    Ahhh, I have not found a problem with ebay thus far. Most Post pictures of the machines they are selling and if you are uncertain you can check by the serial numbers posted or inquire to the person selling the machine.

Blog Entries
    I only recently started looking at Featherweights, but one thing I came across is that there are "replicas". I need to do more research before I get to the purchasing stage.

Sometimes the eBay sellers have this stuff in fine print. You need to read very carefully to be sure you are bidding on what you really want.

I always check the serial numbers on the Singer site. Their charts will tell you the model, how many were in that batch, the date the serial numbers were released and the factory they were made at.

http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_numbers.html

Also, be careful it is says "runs" and not "sews". There is a difference. And make sure the bobbin case is included. Those go for about $45 each themselves.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast