Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69

Thread: Check out my Antique Singer

  1. #1
    Super Member dltaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    1,473
    Brought this from a co-worker that found it in the attic of an old house he purchased. He says it works beautifully!! Now if I can just find a table!!
    Attached Images Attached Images          

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Prescott Valley, AZ
    Posts
    1,110
    I am far from an expert, but that looks to me like the renowned featherweight! What a glorious find! I believe the featherweight was the original portable machine, not supposed to have a table, because it was light weight enough to carry to wherever one wanted to use it.

    Lucky you!

  3. #3
    Super Member shawnemily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ilion, NY
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by ShirlinAZ
    I am far from an expert, but that looks to me like the renowned featherweight! What a glorious find! I believe the featherweight was the original portable machine, not supposed to have a table, because it was light weight enough to carry to wherever one wanted to use it.

    Lucky you!
    Exactly what I was thinking!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    7,667
    Blog Entries
    14
    Wow a lot of lucky ppl on here lately!

  5. #5
    Super Member icon17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington,State
    Posts
    1,692
    Quote Originally Posted by dltaylor
    Brought this from a co-worker that found it in the attic of an old house he purchased. He says it works beautifully!! Now if I can just find a table!!
    Its a Feather Weight!!!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    722
    Score!!! And I echo Painiacs message---a lot of lucky people here lately. Look at that beautiful scroll plate. Have you checked the serial number yet?

  7. #7
    Super Member cabbagepatchkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    1,733
    Yep!!! Lucky you....that IS a Featherweight! :thumbup:

    You can check out the year of manufacture using this site:

    http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_numbers.html

    You can also check out Dave McCullam's site Featherweight Rx:

    http://www.featherweight221.com/fwrx/index.html

    His book is priceless to have if you own a FW. It's written so that the average Joe can maintain their FW and save themselves some money at the repair shop:

  8. #8
    Super Member icon17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington,State
    Posts
    1,692
    Have your friend to look for a box for your Singer it should look like this: may have a tray in the top some did. 8-)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SW Colorado
    Posts
    1,106
    ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnemily
    Quote Originally Posted by ShirlinAZ
    I am far from an expert, but that looks to me like the renowned featherweight! What a glorious find! I believe the featherweight was the original portable machine, not supposed to have a table, because it was light weight enough to carry to wherever one wanted to use it.

    Lucky you!
    Exactly what I was thinking!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

  10. #10
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SW Colorado
    Posts
    1,106
    ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnemily
    Quote Originally Posted by ShirlinAZ
    I am far from an expert, but that looks to me like the renowned featherweight! What a glorious find! I believe the featherweight was the original portable machine, not supposed to have a table, because it was light weight enough to carry to wherever one wanted to use it.

    Lucky you!
    Exactly what I was thinking!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.