Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Check your rulers before purchase >

Check your rulers before purchase

Check your rulers before purchase

Old 01-24-2012, 07:34 AM

Duess I need to pay attention moe when I buy things now
Old 01-24-2012, 11:15 AM

I am like the rest of you money is to hard to come by these days and also the price of gas torun back and forth to the store is to costly. And that sales clerk that gave you a hard time about the iron really doesn't care much about her job the way she acted with you. Jobs are hard to come by and she really needs a attitude adjustment before she loses the job she has. Sure glad for you that you did get a iron that worked and didn't have to go back to the store.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:32 PM

Thanks for the tip! I try to carefully look things over before buying (and not just rulers) but I've gotten home with some items that were broken, damaged and have to scratch my head thinking "How did I miss that?"
Old 01-24-2012, 04:26 PM
KLO

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I am glad you were able to exchange it for an undamaged ones because they are not inexpensive. I have one Omnigrid ruler with a chip on the corner due to rotary cutting operator error. I started cutting right at the front corner and a little chip popped off. I now start cutting in from the front edge and back up to cut the front corner. Live and learn, live and learn.
This is one of the best tips that could be given about rulers. Thanks. I have several chipped corners on rulers and wish I had done what you are suggesting from the beginning. What a difference it would have made. Tartan, where were you when I needed you .... and where was I?
Old 02-03-2012, 09:40 PM

UP DATE- I was in JoAnns yesterday and checked out these rulers - The chipped ones were back on display, but they had a hand written note taped on them indicating the chipped corners and would go for 50% off.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:37 AM

If you buy at Joanns make sure you save the origingal packaging,or they won't accept a return. I learned this the hard way. I purchased a sewing chair and since I recycle all the cardboard went there and less than 3 weeks later the casters broke. They would not take the chair back or even replace the casters. I had to run around to home improvement stores to find casters that would fit, (probably added another $20.00, or more, to the price of the chair).

I called their customer service, the lady was very nice but said their policy was items had to be in original packaging for returns. She also said in the comments about the chairs the breaking caster were a problem. Apparently they weren't publishing that information, too cheap to want to replace them apparently but willing to sell the chairs for an outrageous amount.

From now on I am saving the packaging for everything from Joanns for a reasonable amount of time and if it doesn't work it will go back.