Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Chefs Need Help >

Chefs Need Help

Chefs Need Help

Old 07-25-2016, 09:50 AM

Love Tartan's idea of stacked coffee or teacups, especially since coffee pots and teapots are in the large print already.
Paper pieced?
Old 07-25-2016, 10:41 AM

I like Jan's idea best.
Old 07-25-2016, 01:38 PM

Wider Blocks on the sides - maybe in Red with sashing in between using one of the Print Fabrics.? Blocks could be as large as 12 inch Finished? Can't wait to see finished Quilt... The Quilting could be large Kitchen utencils of different kinds like : Rolling Pins, Whisk, Cookie Cutters, Baster, Cookbook , Pancake Turner, Spatulas, Wood Spoons, Potato masher, or measuring Cups.. etc.. [Just the outlines of them]. Ambitious needlework for sure but would look really nice...
Old 07-25-2016, 05:26 PM

the first thought I had was to take off the coffee pots and continue the spoons border. Then add another red border. You can continue with a couple foodie borders and then a red as many times as you need to make the size you want. I think the red borders would break it up and provide a zap. When quilting, I would try some sort of baking item (cake, pie, etc) and quilt with black thread in the red strips. Since the food prints would be wider, you could quilt 2 strips together with a bigger item, just keep it round and maybe do it in a red thread. As far as the wonderful center piece, I would echo quilt the chefs in black. Another thought, perhaps write their names on the checkered strip beneath their bodies.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:27 PM

I will be adding more red and other colors. I have cupcakes that I will use as corner stones at some point. I have to look in my embroidery files. I think I have stacked cups and saucers. All ideas sound good. Have to get cracking. Thanks all.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:05 PM

I like the idea of scallops or fluted edges in there somewhere...maybe not a scalloped border, but scalloped or fluted design, perhaps cut out of the red checkered fabric against a cream or white background, edged in black?

Ok scallops out of checks might be a nightmare
Old 07-25-2016, 11:04 PM

How about piano key with knives and forks etc quilting or applique inside to compliment all the food,.