Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chenille bedspreads

Blog Entries
    Curious to know if anyone else loves vintage chenille bedspreads as much as I do. Cotton ones, soft, takes you back to your childhood. anyone??

Blog Entries
    yes, love them

Blog Entries
    I don't have any but I love them. I never had one in the day.....couldn't afford one. All I had was crummy old hand made QUILTS!!!!!LOL:) Poor me....not. I still would rather sleep under a quilt than a blanket. :thumbup:

I have a salmon colored old chenille bedspread that was my grandmother's. It takes up space but I know that I probably won't do anything with it. What to do, what to do??

Blog Entries
    I had a couple of these growing up, I loved them too :D:D:D

Umm. Not really. They are beautiful for those that know how to treat them. But, they are not for me. I'm sorry, but they remind me of my elderly grandmother who used to poop in her bedding and I got to wash it.

I really like the look of them now. When I was a kid I would sleep under one when at the grandparent house in Bellingham, but I didn't appreciate them then.
    I actually saw a pattern in a magazine once that showed how to make a Chenille quilt, it quite facinated me on how it was made. Now I don't remember where I saw it, I wish I did.

Blog Entries
    I have several, just something about them. Wish I had one with a cowboy or something cool like that. I do have a couple with peacocks and maybe a basket with flowers. Some in real need of repair. I should have a lot of beds ! so crazy !!!

Blog Entries
    Not a pleasant memory, I imagine. Old people were quite scary to me as a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    Umm. Not really. They are beautiful for those that know how to treat them. But, they are not for me. I'm sorry, but they remind me of my elderly grandmother who used to poop in her bedding and I got to wash it.
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by pjaco
    Curious to know if anyone else loves vintage chenille bedspreads as much as I do. Cotton ones, soft, takes you back to your childhood. anyone??
    Oh my gosh YES...My grandmother had them on her beds and we loved laying on them when we would visit.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast