Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
chinelle slash cutter >

chinelle slash cutter

chinelle slash cutter

Old 01-22-2014, 02:57 PM

Default chinelle slash cutter

Has any one used the slash cutter by Clover? They replaced one for me now this one is doing the same thing. It was working fine except for thread constantly jaming to the point it would need cleaning after each row. Now it jams and will not move, took it apart it worked for half a row then just stopped and would not move. At first I thought maybe I was holding it wrong but when I watched a demo on You tube I was doing it right. Someone please help.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:55 PM

I have one still new in the package, never used yet. So I'm no help to you, sorry.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:34 PM

I really like the Olfa one and really dislike the Clover one for the same reasons you mentioned
Old 01-22-2014, 04:37 PM
Jim

I have the Ofla chenille cutter....wow oh wow was it pricey...got it 50% off and still thought it was high. It cuts well but also gets hung up at times. I'm not thrilled with the results but it is what it is.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:52 PM

I have one the Clover and the same happened to me, I was having to take it apart after a few rolls with threads jam in it. When it cuts it great and fast, but when it won't want a pain and time comsuming. To me it seemed it hangs up in the begining or at the end when it catches those loose thread and jams up.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:12 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I have the olfa one.. still in the package.. good know whats in my future..
Old 01-23-2014, 06:28 AM

One reason the Olfa one is $$ is that the blade is not a regular one. I believe it is titanium. It is definitely different though.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:33 AM

I ened up using my scissors very carefully. It was better than any chenille cutter. Slower but better.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by AliKat View Post
I ened up using my scissors very carefully. It was better than any chenille cutter. Slower but better.
I gave up on the cutter I have and am using my Fiskars rag cutting scissors, they stick a little to the base fabric but if I turn them so the handle is on top they glide a little better. I found the Olfa cutter that has been suggested on Amazon a lot cheaper even with shipping than what Joanns wants , plus you can only get it online at Joanns. I have some more projects I want to do using this tecnique and that is why I want a cutter.