Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Christmas cushions from placemats

Blog Entries
    This is not quilting but when I was in the USA a couple of years ago in the supermarket I purchase a few fabric Santa/Christmas scene place mats that were like a tapestry fabric and made then into cushions for our lounge...Also gave a few away as Christmas gifts... Everyone thought they were really expensive gifts... Because of the oblong shape I had to make the cushion inserts... :-D

Isn't it fun to use a bargain item to make a 'fancy boutique shop' gift!

Blog Entries
    cool, love to see photos of them

Quote Originally Posted by karen65ae
    This is not quilting but when I was in the USA a couple of years ago in the supermarket I purchase a few fabric Santa/Christmas scene place mats that were like a tapestry fabric and made then into cushions for our lounge...Also gave a few away as Christmas gifts... Everyone thought they were really expensive gifts... Because of the oblong shape I had to make the cushion inserts... :-D

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    Hm, I'd would have thought that placemats are too small to make a good cushion. Thanks for sharing. I will look at placemats very differently.

Blog Entries
    [quotefleurdelisquilts.com]Hm, I'd would have thought that placemats are too small to make a good cushion. Thanks for sharing. I will look at placemats very differently.

No I think they looked fine.(well the place mats I purchased did) .I unpicked the hemming to get as much size as I could.Once the insert is in they plump up nicely.
    If they are to small you could put a border around the picture to make it bigger.

Blog Entries
    Sorry no pictures they are packed in a box in another country..