Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Christmas fat quarters?

Christmas fat quarters?

I bought 27 Christmas fat quarters in a bundle for $3 at a garage sale a couple of months ago. For the life of me I can't think of a quilt pattern for them. I've looked at quite a few lap quilt patterns. I'd like to make a lap quilt out of them...I think...but, it doesn't have to be a lap quilt. Does anyone have a suggest for me? Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Here is a link to a few you may be interested in:

http://www.sewaquilt.com/christmas-quilt-patterns.html

Blog Entries
    Yep, I do. Do a Turning Twenty quilt. There are directions for different sizes of quilts and a Christmas lap quilt would be lovely 48 x 48 or with a 6.5 inch border it would be 60 x 60 and only take 9 FQ's. Do we get to see pics of your 27 FQ's? You could do 3 Christmas quilts. :-)
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Quote Originally Posted by NanaCsews2 View Post
    Here is a link to a few you may be interested in:

http://www.sewaquilt.com/christmas-quilt-patterns.html
    I just went to this site and I put it in my favorites. I think all of them are so pretty that I'll have a hard time choosing, but I think the ft qts might do well with the christmas present quilt. Thank you so much.

[QUOTE=SandyinZ4;5380795]Yep, I do. Do a Turning Twenty quilt. There are directions for different sizes of quilts and a Christmas lap quilt would be lovely 48 x 48 or with a 6.5 inch border it would be 60 x 60 and only take 9 FQ's. Do we get to see pics of your 27 FQ's? You could do 3 Christmas quilts. :-)[/QUOTE

Thank you Sandy...I will google the Turning Twenty pattern. And doing a 6.5 inch border sounds really nice. Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Well, you certainly have great ideas & know just where to look! I love, love, love the hoffman fabric pattern Wrapped in Pretty Bows. I think I'm going to print that one out. Thank you so much!

debbieB, go to www.modabakeshop.com click on the "bakery" section. then click "view recipes using fat quarters". tons and tons of inspiration.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie B View Post
    Well, you certainly have great ideas & know just where to look! I love, love, love the hoffman fabric pattern Wrapped in Pretty Bows. I think I'm going to print that one out. Thank you so much!
    No problem! I have an addiction to downloading free patterns and I just went to my "Christmas Projects" folders and pulled these out! Be sure and post pictures when you are done!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

An easy one is the 10 minute block.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast