Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Christmas gift ideas >

Christmas gift ideas

Christmas gift ideas

Old 10-13-2011, 04:38 PM

What are some ideas you have for making Christmas gifts -- for kids? for teens? young adult girls? Grandparents? Teachers? Spouses? Adult kids?

I'm running out of ideas as the years progress!
Old 10-13-2011, 05:04 PM
dd

I'm making mug rugs, pillowcases, needle case & thread catcher, boxers, flannel pjs, potholders, mug buckets, ornaments...hmm have to think.
How about something to hold that cash they really want?lol
Oh, bookcovers and hopefully a Sunbonnet Sue quilt for my MIL.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:20 PM

I'm making memory boards for my sister and my sons little girls. Sister sells Mary Kay so hers is pink of course. I bought the ribbon today so I can finish it.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:33 PM

Teen age and college girls really like the makeup bags and the jewelry rollups, especially those going to college. Also, they like the curling iron cases so they can put their curling irons in while still hot. Same type of cases could be made for hot rollers, too.

I've been making pillowcases for the younger ones (preteens) and backpaks for the little ones, especially the girls who love to carry their dolls around. I want to make a doll quilt for my DGD this year.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:52 PM

I am making DD a gorgeous set of placemats and napkins out of winter (not Xmas) fabric. I may make my dad (83) a new lap quilt (flannel backed with fleece and tied). Other than those two gifts, I will not do any other handcrafted items. Mainly due to lack of time. DH and I have found ourselves in new territory this year with 2 of our children married in the past year. Both young couples will be getting a few personal items and then a cash gift that they can use as they wish on their new homes. Youngest DD (a college senior) will be getting the usual...clothes/boots/purses/etc. We do not exchange with our extended family anymore and DH and I are buying new family room furniture as our gift to ourselves.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:52 PM

I'm making mug rugs to match a purchased coffee mug and Lil' Twister Christmas wreath wall hangings. I like Nanamoms ideas about makeup bags for young ladies. Everyone likes pillowcases.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:54 PM

I'm not making a whole lot this year.. My older kids are getting money so they can pick what they really want and since they live on opposite coasts it's cheaper this way. The 2 teenagers that are still at home with me are getting who knows what? I've made them so many quilts already their rooms are looking like a bedding factory.
My Mom and her SO are getting one of these shadow boxes (shown below) and also will finish up their rag quilts that I was just starting on when my DH got so sick.
My Dad will get a shadow box too with cookies or something as he loves homemade cookies.

The pic of the shadow box isn't mine, it's just an example.

Shadow Box for Presents
[ATTACH=CONFIG]270912[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-270859.jpe  
Old 10-13-2011, 06:18 PM

Those angry chickens are hot this year, so I am making my own version of it for a few teens I think they will have fun with them.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Power Poster

covers for electronic devices
Old 10-13-2011, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
Those angry chickens are hot this year, so I am making my own version of it for a few teens I think they will have fun with them.
Angry Birds?