Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Gifts

I only make quilts and everyone I know, and some I don't know alreasy have a couple of quilts. I'm only making quilts right now, no plans to give them away.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian Ketron View Post
    I'm making gift card holders. They are so fun and I always give gift cards so this works for me. I'm thinking of putting a ribbon hanger on some of them so they can use as ornaments if they want to.
    This sounds like a good idea, I'm giving a lot of gift cards this year. May in Jersey

Blog Entries
    A bug jar quilt for GS, have crocheted 6 scarves amd 4 prs of houseshoes lots of potholders, so far!

Blog Entries
    I am actually giving fabric. I have been listening all year to family/friends talk about what they might like and I have been purchasing it all along. I know they did not buy for themselves so am excited that they will be surprised.
    Desiderata (Max Ehrmann) - Walk placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

Quilts, lap quilts,Fleece loung pants, robes, cookies,and I just hope they get as much joy out of them as I do in making them!!!

I have one quilt top done and mailed to Charisma for LAing, one top done to quilt on my DSM. I've made journal covers and will make book marks for them and pens to put in the front pocket. I've made three jersey knit fringe pillows for little girls. Will try to get a few more simple gifts done in the next couple of weeks (mug rugs, microwave bowl pads) before I have back surgery. Then will probably be out of commission for the rest of the year.
    Bambi

Making a candle mat, making a pet coat, a quilt hopefully done by Xmas for DH. So much to do so little time. Sue

Not there yet. Planning on making some of those glitzy high heeled and fur trimmed christmas stockings for a two friends, some bags for the others and beach bags for the DDs. And then the very special friends get fruit cakes. DD made 5 last week and they are in the linen closet maturing. My annual leave starts early in December and, before we leave for the coast, I'll have two weeks at home for glorious sewing!

Jim
    quilts for everyone in the immediate family among other things...guys are also getting a tool bucket and gals are getting purses...a few neighbors are getting lap quilts and placemats
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol:

Quilts for grand kids, table runners, wall hangings, purses, quilts, pj bottoms, & lots of odds & ends for my kids, mom, & other family & friends. I don't think it will ever be done.
    Roxie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast