Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Pickle quilt

Christmas Pickle quilt

I am just starting a Christmas Pickle quilt that I hope to be able to complete to have in our annual quilt show in April. Has anyone done this quilt? If so any suggestions that might make it easier for me? I am not really a paper piecer, but am up for the challenge. The paper piecing part of this quilt seems like it is not too difficult

Power Poster
    sorry havent made one good luck!!
    QUILTNMO

Can you show a pic of the pattern?? I've never heard of a Christmas Pickle quilt.

I hadn't heard of it either, until I googled it. Wow, it is a beautiful quilt! http://www.homespunhearth.com/detail...ct_id=ZB-POS65

Here's one in different colors - makes it a little easier to see the pattern - http://my.hgtv.com/share-my-quilt/Se...i?oid=20940338

I think several board members have made this quilt, and am hoping they can offer tips. I made a quilt to enter into our annual quilt show last ar that really challenged me. And this one will also, I am sure. I started the other one in Feb, took two weeks to make the top and then shipped it off to Charisma for quilting. I a allwing myself a little more time for this one. Our show is n April.

Looks like too many HSTs for me. They are pretty, good luck.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Linda Frantz has this pattern available in her Inklingo program. Check it out.

I did that quilt a couple of years ago for a pp'ing class. It really isn't that bad - the arcs are pretty skinny but mine went together fairly well. Since it's paper pieced it's quite accurate. The HST's are generally the issue so I would recommend cutting them larger and trimming down just to be on the safe side - unless, of course, you have mastered those! I have not. Now, if I could only figure out how I want to quilt mine??? I hand quilt so it's been a challenge to come up with a design that won't detract from the quilt or make me crazy with managing a bazillion seams. Thus, it's still a flimsy.

Oh, my! I just looked at the pattern on line. What a gem! My to do list is so long but my Christmas pickle niece would love this quilt.

New York Beauty Quilt Along Begins Oct 1st

Check out this thread where we are all doing PP NYB.
    this is my first PP'ing project and it is so doable.
    Renea

A quilting I will go......

www.somethinginthemaking.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast