Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The Christmas theme this year is... >

The Christmas theme this year is...

The Christmas theme this year is...

Old 08-21-2011, 04:32 AM

If they are the coctail type why not some smaller coasters (as opposed to mug rugs). Or if they are wine drinkers I have made some 'sleeves' for the bottom of wine glasses. Make up a set of 4 different ones if they are entertainers so everyone knows which glass is theirs?
Old 08-21-2011, 04:50 AM

check emblibrary.com; they have all kinds of project ideas and you don't have to use them as embroideries; just take the basic concept for it.

I'm also making everyone Christmas gifts. Money is really tight so I'm first of all pulling out all of those UFO's and seeing who would go with what and I'm going to do some embroidery on towels for my daughter and her first apartment and others too. good luck on your projects
Old 08-21-2011, 05:12 AM

I was thinking the remote caddie and pillows.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:19 AM

I am making computer chair cushens for the back and seat cover and adding cushons on the arms as well.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:22 AM

Placemats? table runners? rice heat pads? http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-76662-1.htm
potatoe bags? http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-145924-1.htm
Originally Posted by incoming2me
homemade/handcrafted gifts. (Surprise!)

I'm working on an idea for a gift bundle "for the home" to give to my husband's father & step-mom.

So far I'm including:
- a set of 6 Criss-Cross Coasters
- a set of 2 small / 1 medium / 1 large Microwave Bowl Mitts

I've thought about making matching oven mitts.. but for some reason, I'm just drawing a blank on thinking of others small items to make.

Any idea spring to your mind???
Old 08-21-2011, 08:47 AM

Great ideas everyone!

They have a large square pub-height table.
I'm thinking a small square table topper would be nice.
(Think very large square place mat.)
Perfect for placing a flower arrangement, salt & pepper or napkin holder type things!
OOooooh.. matching napkin rings..

Here's another question.. with all these little things, how many things would be considered a decent gift without going overboard?
I ask this as knowing me, I'd keep making stuff right up until we visit in November and have to rent a U-Haul to get it there. ;-)

Originally Posted by marymm
Hi, I live in The Woodlands, which means we could be neighbors. I think the 10-minute table runner looks nice and is so easy. There are also some great casserole carrier patterns free online. My sisters have requested quilted journal covers...easy!
We're in Northampton - not sure if you know where that is, but we're about 5 minutes from post office on Gosling at Panther Creek. :)
Old 08-21-2011, 08:58 AM

I live south of ya'll down 288 on the way to Alvin
Originally Posted by incoming2me
Great ideas everyone!

They have a large square pub-height table.
I'm thinking a small square table topper would be nice.
(Think very large square place mat.)
Perfect for placing a flower arrangement, salt & pepper or napkin holder type things!
OOooooh.. matching napkin rings..

Here's another question.. with all these little things, how many things would be considered a decent gift without going overboard?
I ask this as knowing me, I'd keep making stuff right up until we visit in November and have to rent a U-Haul to get it there. ;-)

Originally Posted by marymm
Hi, I live in The Woodlands, which means we could be neighbors. I think the 10-minute table runner looks nice and is so easy. There are also some great casserole carrier patterns free online. My sisters have requested quilted journal covers...easy!
We're in Northampton - not sure if you know where that is, but we're about 5 minutes from post office on Gosling at Panther Creek. :)
Old 08-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

IF they use remote control items, a holder that lays over the arm of couch and chair is great. My DMIL had one that hung over her headboard and she could always reach the remote, glasses, teeth, etc.
Pockets for every item she liked to keep near her.
peace
Old 08-21-2011, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by ube quilting
IF they use remote control items, a holder that lays over the arm of couch and chair is great. My DMIL had one that hung over her headboard and she could always reach the remote, glasses, teeth, etc.
Pockets for every item she liked to keep near her.
peace
The remote control caddie is something I was thinking, but probably something of a box type thing to set on their end tables as they are right up to the arms of the couch and loveseat.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:48 PM

Hi, I do know where that is. Good lucky with your projects. lots of good ideas here!

By the way, if you can find or make the Twister tool, it makes a really nice small table topper--square. They are really fun. If you don't know what I'm talking about, do a search. The board got me hooked on the tool (So far I've made three table runners, two squares and aChristmas wreath wall hanging. I have one more fall wreath almost finished and then I have to start quilting them.)

Alvin's not that far away (when It's not so hot!)