Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Christmas tree in progress

Christmas tree in progress

I saw a wallhanging using a similar technique at my lqs. I didn't have my phone with me to take a picture and it was too high up on the wall for me to get up close to exam what they did with theirs. They had 6 different colored trees embellished really cutely. I am wondering if I should have turned under my edges. I am going to add a star on top and I have the same fabric in burgundy that I plan to do another tree in.

There was a pattern next to the wallhanging but duh I didn't focus on it at the time. Has anyone seen this before/done it?

Hmmm not letting me attach the pic. I will try from other computer

Haven't seen it before but would love to see your picture when it lets you post it.

here goes I hope!
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    I love them both! I guess I just love ALL things Christmas

Hi,
    Your Christmas trees are very cute.
    I had a problem but I solved it with a similar type of wall-hangning. My living room is so small that we have to speak softly because we are so close when sitting down.. Well... I exagerate a bit but truly, there is no space for a real Christmas tree so the wall-hangning was fine for me. I used the pattern offered by Eleanor Burns in her videos (the Strip-Tzz block series for November or December). I worked about 3 days on it but it is so beautiful. All that is left to do is the quilting part. I should start that this weekend.
    "There is no place like home"
    (Dorothy)

Dorothy, when your done I'd like to see it. I am working on embellishing that tree and 3 others in an other design. I will post them when done.