Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
CityScapes quilt in progress and design board whine >

CityScapes quilt in progress and design board whine

CityScapes quilt in progress and design board whine

Old 03-21-2012, 05:41 PM

Default CityScapes quilt in progress and design board whine

I was so inspired by the design board thread I went to Home Depot and bought 2 not just 1 but 2 4x8 foot foam insulation boards. My car is not 8 feet - so two feet had to be cut off each one, my poor Lulu dog was totally traumatized by all this stuff in her car. Of course I have 9 million yards of fabric and there was a whole bunch of white flannel on the shelf - wrong _ I have to go buy some. How can one have literally 10 tons of fabric, but no white flannel. Yes I am laughing, the dog is napping. I will have 3 design boards when I am done 1 small one and 2 6 by 4- ought to keep me busy.
Oh, I was telling my daughter about the design board thread and how nice it would be to have one - as I am looking around my studio - there is a small one - it has been so covered with works in progress behind the quilting machine, impossible to get to for so long I forgot I had it.

I got out the scraps the other day and this is the city scapes I am working on and I think I like it.
Attached Thumbnails city-scapes-wip-.jpg  
Old 03-21-2012, 05:50 PM

I think I like it, too. Looks just like a cityscape. Nice work and enjoy your design boards.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:53 PM

I went to home depot and bought two of the boards, they cut them in half for me there to fit my car. I put them on the wall length ways one above the other and got a nice big design board.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:56 PM

I like it too. And I am giggling about the submerged design board - sounds like my workshop, where the heaps and heaps of materials purchased for small jobs that haven't been done yet cover the other materials purchased for other jobs, that haven't been done yet...

Alison
Old 03-21-2012, 06:10 PM
Power Poster

LOL that is great! Your quilt is beautiful!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma58 View Post
I was so inspired by the design board thread I went to Home Depot and bought 2 not just 1 but 2 4x8 foot foam insulation boards. My car is not 8 feet - so two feet had to be cut off each one, my poor Lulu dog was totally traumatized by all this stuff in her car. Of course I have 9 million yards of fabric and there was a whole bunch of white flannel on the shelf - wrong _ I have to go buy some. How can one have literally 10 tons of fabric, but no white flannel. Yes I am laughing, the dog is napping. I will have 3 design boards when I am done 1 small one and 2 6 by 4- ought to keep me busy.
Oh, I was telling my daughter about the design board thread and how nice it would be to have one - as I am looking around my studio - there is a small one - it has been so covered with works in progress behind the quilting machine, impossible to get to for so long I forgot I had it.

I got out the scraps the other day and this is the city scapes I am working on and I think I like it.

Quite clever. Will this be a wall hanging? Much too pretty to be laid down.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
Quite clever. Will this be a wall hanging? Much too pretty to be laid down.
Yes a wall hanging, it is not very big!
Old 03-21-2012, 08:22 PM

Excellent interpretation of a city scape. Sandy 64
Old 03-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Power Poster

Loving the city scape. I suspect you are not alone in the buried stuff department
Old 03-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Power Poster

I have 2 8x4 foam boards together to make a 16x8 design wall and I still run out of room on it! Oh a staple gun will hold the foam perfectly and not make noticeable holes in the wall. Also you can staple the foam board to itself on a wall if you have to cut it to fit.