Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Civil War Quilt ... what is it?

Blog Entries
    I asked my local quilt shop if she was going to do a block of the month next year and she said yes....she was doing 2 and they are both civil war quilts. What are they?

Oh...one will be 4 blocks a month, and the other one 2 blocks a month. I wonder which one I want to do?

They are probably quilts that use reproduction fabrics from that period, and blocks that would have been typical for that time.

Earlier this year several manufacturers came out with new lines of "civil war' repo fabrics and some new patterns to go with them. I make the quilts out of the fabrics that actually show the battles, maps, soldiers, etc. I cannot work with too much of the regular repo fabrics as they are way too boring for me. The most popular is the Abraham Lincoln fabrics that I make into quilts and we auctioned off this year. Will making many more for next year, for both Rebel and Yankee.

The reason these fabrics are so popular now is the the 150th anniversary of the Civil War is coming up in the next 3 years depending on which states got into the war first, and where and when certain battles were fought.

Blog Entries
    well I think I will join and do it. Maybe that way I'll make a quilt right. Under supervision. lol.

Blog Entries
    would you post pics of the quilts you have made?

Quote Originally Posted by trisha
    The reason these fabrics are so popular now is the the 150th anniversary of the Civil War is coming up in the next 3 years depending on which states got into the war first, and where and when certain battles were fought.