Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Cleaning my iron

Blog Entries
    First off let me tell you that I have a good memory but it is short.
    Now last night while I was trimming my blocks I accidentely cut a
    a strip. ( this is where my memory fails) I had a role of the iron on tape (?) like you can use for a quick hem etc.( forgot the name) well any way I was using that to patch the slit I made while cutting and laid my iron
    across the trip . So I had to try to clean my iron , no iron cleaner but I always have a small box of alcohol pads in a drawer for cleaning my needle after I happen to sew something sticky. Any way I tried that on the sole of my iron while it was a wee bit warm
    and it cleaned the sole plate just like new. I am just sharing this because I was surprised at how fast and nice it cleaned.
    Pickle

This is a great tip, I will store it in my memory....Oh what was that tip. I always was disapointed when I would have that happen. I now have a Maytag cordless iron and it has a titanium plate, and I don't worry nothing has stuck to it yet.

Blog Entries
    That is valuable information. Thank you for sharing. I am all in for the easiest way to do anything and everything.

Dampened Mr Clean magic sponges (or the generic equal) cleans cool irons quickly and easily. I've used them on my teflon and stainless irons and they don't scratch.

Wow, thanks. Both are great tips. I keep a bottle of alchol in my sewing room in case my washable marker drys up. I just add a couple of drops in the top and it will last until I get another one.

Blog Entries
    Great tips, thanks for sharing :D:D:D