Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cleaning  up your sewing space..Join me?! >

Cleaning up your sewing space..Join me?!

Cleaning up your sewing space..Join me?!

Old 01-26-2010, 10:25 PM

Ok here are some before Pictures..... not as bad as some I have seen, but then again I have not been a quilter for as long as most either. Some of my DD stuff is stored in here, as she gave up her room last August so I would have somewhere to set up my PC Quilter and quilting frame. She was spending all her time at her BF's house anyway. OK now it is time to get this mess cleaned up!!!

Dresser will be converted into Ironing table soon and board will go
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47137[/ATTACH]

Even have some of my daughters stuf stored in the shower!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47138[/ATTACH]

Computer running the PCQ
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47207[/ATTACH]

My cutting table
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48840[/ATTACH]

Storage Under Quilting Table and PCQuilter
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48841[/ATTACH]

Sewing table
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48842[/ATTACH]

Next to cutting table
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48843[/ATTACH]

Bathroom attached to sewing room
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48844[/ATTACH]

My DD stuff stored in the closit
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48845[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-47137.jpe   attachment-47138.jpe   attachment-47207.jpe   attachment-48840.jpe   attachment-48841.jpe  

attachment-48842.jpe   attachment-48843.jpe   attachment-48844.jpe   attachment-48845.jpe  
Old 01-27-2010, 03:48 AM

Not bad at all :-D It looks like you have everything you need right at your fingertips, just some straightening and you will be set to go :thumbup:
Old 01-27-2010, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by OneLadyQuilter
I am with you I have started already. with a 30 dollar investment at wal-mart I got all my thread and some of my notions all in one neat spot. A drawer for my embroidery thread, ne for quilting thread one for sewing thread, one for surging thread and one for metallic and bobbins. With a drawer left for stabelizer and one for notions. A great investment!!
Wow thats alot of thread...I am just starting to use my embroidery machine and keep my eyes open for thread sales. Love your idea.
So far I just have these 2 racks on my wall.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-45919.jpe  
Old 01-27-2010, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
I am with you I have started already. with a 30 dollar investment at wal-mart I got all my thread and some of my notions all in one neat spot. A drawer for my embroidery thread, ne for quilting thread one for sewing thread, one for surging thread and one for metallic and bobbins. With a drawer left for stabelizer and one for notions. A great investment!!
Wow thats alot of thread...I am just starting to use my embroidery machine and keep my eyes open for thread sales. Love your idea.
Nice, but I need to know how to hang the thread spool holders on the wall. There is nothing on them to hang them by.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Boxer mom
Nice, but I need to know how to hang the thread spool holders on the wall. There is nothing on them to hang them by.
The first one I just used long nails , the second one I drilled small holes in the holder then used nails to hang it.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Boxer mom
The first one I just used long nails , the second one I drilled small holes in the holder then used nails to hang it.
Thanks.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:53 AM

I mentioned before about a ruler rack, that's holding way more than just rulers. I did clean it out once and it looked good with just rulers in in for a while. Well, it's back to being messy again. It's a great vertical file! :roll: What can I say.

Messy ruler rack
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7702[/ATTACH]

Cleaned out rack
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7703[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-7702.jpe   attachment-7703.jpe  
Old 03-13-2010, 11:44 AM

I have a vertical rack too. Finally put the ODD rulers that I rarely use on huge O rings and hang them in a closet. Now I just have my favorite rulers within easy reach. I do think that the rack could double for storage for pattern stuff we need. Right?
Old 03-15-2010, 05:11 PM

I didn't pay attention if it was mentioned where to buy these racks because i didn't think I wanted one but I have since changed my mind...lol ...would someone please share where to get these racks?
thank-you
Old 03-15-2010, 05:18 PM

Think JoAnns has them.