Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Closet Quilter, Group or Guild??? >

Closet Quilter, Group or Guild???

Closet Quilter, Group or Guild???

Old 12-11-2012, 08:38 AM

Default Closet Quilter, Group or Guild???

I'm curious, how many of you belong to an organized group or guild and how many just quilt at home alone (closet quilter)?? Or maybe you are a professional teacher or longarmer??
Old 12-11-2012, 08:40 AM

Closet quilter here....everybody wants something quilted, so it keeps me too busy to quilt with others....not exactly a bad thing.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:42 AM

I belong to this online group plus one other. I also belong to a group at our church, but tie quilts (which I'm not crazy about). I've tried our local guild, but having trouble finding my "spot" there. Donna
Old 12-11-2012, 08:47 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

I've only been quilting a little while (I finally finished my first quilt a few weeks ago, and I'm well into my second). I joined our local guild last year, but it didn't do anything for me. As a newbie, I didn't feel welcome, the level of quilting was way beyond me, and it was all about the Quilt Show. Maybe in a few years I'll try it again.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:48 AM

Guild member here. I belong to a local guild that moved closer to me, so now I'm able to get to the meetings without too much driving involved. I do most of my quilting at home alone, though.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Power Poster

I am a closet quilter, but would love to belong to a guild or group!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:55 AM

Closet quilter. Rather read a forum. As long as quilting groups stick to quilting, I'm OK - when they get going on families and recipes, I lose interest.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:58 AM

I am a closet quilter and it's ok with me. It gives me the opportunity to try whatever I want as a newbie, having made only one big quilt so far I feel there are so many things I want to try, that I don't feel the need to add to my list of "things to try"
Old 12-11-2012, 09:03 AM

I closet quilt,belong to a guild(but only go occasionally), and have some ladies over to my house once a month. I make a nice dinner,wait on them hand and foot,and we do hand sewing.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:21 AM

I belong to the local guild and a small group that started from off the guild. I wouldn't be without either of them. They both offer lots. I wouldn't be without either of them.
I do love this board, but sometimes getting together with friends with the same interest is even better!
For those of you that have tried a guild but didn't like it, give it another chance. Even though you might not have liked it the first time, maybe it was just you didn't care for what they were doing. Go a few times before making a judgement. You may find lots of new quilting buddies!