Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Clutter!! It keeps following me!! >

Clutter!! It keeps following me!!

Clutter!! It keeps following me!!

Old 11-17-2011, 07:01 PM

Normally, I am organized and keep things neat, but when I have a project going, I leave things where they were when I finished for the day. I don't have a dog or a cat and DH doesn't go in my studio. It's tiny, but it's mine and no one gets in there unles invited.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:08 PM

I clean up after each project, if not, the clutter makes it impossible to find anything.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:13 PM

Made myself a vow NOT to buy any more fab and then JAs had that great 25% off everying for three days and I wore myself out shopping. Now I have way too much fab and since don't have a sewing room or nook...I have a quilting house. Have run out of people to give a quilt to so now what do I do? No idea. Guess keep sewing tops and when I find a "worthy" person will get rid of one top. Issue tho is I need to sew to keep my sanity. Between my job and Mom w/alz I'd be in the nut house if I didn't sew. Hmmm...nut house..maybe that's the vacatioin I need?
Old 11-17-2011, 07:51 PM

Default Clutter

Cluttler. What is that? I have a room designated as a sewing room/tv room. I can spend hours picking up, separating and organizing, then when I come back in after leaving for a while, it's like eveything is everywhere again. Maybe it's not meant to be organized. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have to search for something when I start working on a project. Thank goodness I have a door I can close so no one else sees my mess.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:06 PM

Thanks everyone, I thought I was the only one that has the clutter issue. I do not have a sewing room so I have taken over my sons old bedroom, which is now the spare room. My stuff is all over and whenever some one comes to stay I really have a chore to do putting everything up. I also use the kitchen table to cut material and for sewing and everything stays out while I am doing a project. Unless I am having company or a big dinner such as Thanksgiving!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:48 PM

Trust me I think we're all there with you my quilting is all over the living room and dining room it's the space I work in, when company is coming over I stack it in one spot the moment they leave it goes back to look like chaos again lol. My husband was a neat freak but he's learned to live with it, I told him don't complain I don't go in your office or work area downstairs lol.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:37 AM

Oh, yes, I have a mess when working on a project. It was always understood, from "day one" , NOBODY touches my stuff in progress, DH is very organized, but realizes I can't work, if I have to pick up every thread etc, as I work. We had LONG conversation about that 45 years ago, and I just close my studio door and the hand work that I do in family area is kept in a nice sewing basket. Its understood if there is a stray thread or shard of fabric that follows me out of my studio, anyone who sees it, PICKS IT UP, without gr-umping. The old adage if Momma is not happy--Nobody is happy, reins here. grin.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:40 AM

I am right there with you!
Old 11-19-2011, 10:52 AM

Oh yeah, I hear ya! If I could change one thing about myself, it would be that I would be more organized and neater. It would save time in the long wrong...all the time I spend looking for scissors, rulers, etc....but I do keep trying, really I do. There is just so much stuff required when quilting, so many gadgets and rulers and on and on .... that is what I want for Christmas this year, to be an organized person...Santa, are you listening????
Michelle
Old 12-04-2011, 05:00 PM

I "stage" mine before I leave- neatly stack the WIP, put all tools away, run the lint roller over the floor. That way if I am away from it for a while, I can find everything just where it belongs. Ask me why I do this....... I am not anal, just got tired of searching for things!!!