Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: coffey3l3

i want to make a football quilt for my grandson using all of the nfl teams...does anyone know where i can find a pattern?

I think it'd be cute to just a marbled background and then applique football shapes in the nfl fabrics all over it. Just a thought...

actually, i have thought the exact same thought but have never appliqued. maybe this is a sign i should learn, lol. thanks for the response.

Sorry, no advice, but I wanted to say Welcome!

Blog Entries
    What about making Variable Stars with the team fabric in the center and their colors as the star points?

thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
    Sorry, no advice, but I wanted to say Welcome!

sounds like a good idea...i am a beginner so don't know if i could do that but thanks...i will think about it

Try the Friendship Star---it is very easy to do and you could use the colors of each team in one star and then maybe applique a football on top with team name. Machine applique is not hard at all. For a beginner I would recommend using one of your decorative stitches or an open zig zag---do not try to use a satin stitch because it will take a lot of practice to get it right. If you use steam a seam II to fuse the footballs, it will be easy to stitch them and hold better. Take some scraps and practice first.
    Once you get the hang of it, it is a lot of fun and more durable than hand applique.

thank you...i will look it up