Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Collecting free quilt patterns

Quote Originally Posted by MartiMorga View Post
    I am a new quilter and find that I am always downloading patterns, I have so many that there isn't enough time for me to do them all. I wonder how much of my memory on this lap top is used up with those and the free embroidery designs I have on it. Why do I do this and will I ever use them, do I really like them that much? I dread the day I try to "organize" this mess . . . but yet here I am just now asking for one from a fellow board member.
    Well, MartiMorga, I can really relate to this. I'm such a computer duck that I don't know how to save so I print all of the pictures that I like and also print patterns. I have several binders full. I'm 72, so the chances of using all of these are nill. But it's fun to dream and plan. Who needs magazines??!!! I just pick up one of the binders and enjoy something new all over again. Organize?!! I got lost long ago. Now I just bind.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Blog Entries
    I have so many patterns saved, bookmarked, pinned, and printed i could quit sleeping and quit my job and sew until I was 200 and probably not finish them all. My stash might be big enough to complete about half of them. Yet I still enjoy downloading them etc. They are so much fun to look at. When I look at some of them now that I have more experience I say what was I thinking. Enjoy your fun.

Us quilters hoard fabric and any paper products related to quilting.
    Quilt outside of the box!

If I never bought or downloaded another pattern, I could stay busy until I was 125! Like you, I love to look through all the magazines and books and downloaded patterns and "plan".

I print free patterns as I find them that way I can drool over them. Also If I do not print them out they are "lost " in cyber space forever. (I really like a hard copy of stuff). Also I add any new sites I find to my favorites. I have about 200 quilting site bookmarked! (again they will be lost in cyber space forever if I do not save them).This board is GREAT about suggesting new site and patterns!!!! Thanks , Ladies!!!!!
    "In the crazy quilt of life, I'm glad you are in my block of friends."

CRO
    I am fairly new to quilting and I am in the same boat. I down load a lot of free patterns. I also will never be able to make them all. I keep downloading though because you never know.

Just looked, have 43,000 quilting files on laptop (and all are backed up on external hard drive). All sorted into various folders so I can find something if I choose to. Also have 2 special folders, One is "DO" with maybe 50 patterns in it & the other is "Favorites", with maybe 200 in it. So those are my got to folders if I am looking for something new to start.

I always look at the new free patterns, have enough now that I would/will never make one of each pattern in my life time. I have an embroidery machine and my husband is learning to make the patterns for me, so quilting has been side tracked for a while. But it is haunting me to get make to it. I have 3 quilt tops to quilt and a new sample block hanging up over my machine saying make me. Happy quilting
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

Quote Originally Posted by bigsister63 View Post
    I print free patterns as I find them that way I can drool over them. Also If I do not print them out they are "lost " in cyber space forever. (I really like a hard copy of stuff). Also I add any new sites I find to my favorites. I have about 200 quilting site bookmarked! (again they will be lost in cyber space forever if I do not save them).This board is GREAT about suggesting new site and patterns!!!! Thanks , Ladies!!!!!
    Ditto I do thte same.
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

Blog Entries
    I am also guilty of this I need 3 more life times to use my patterns and fabric plus kits oh well sure saves buying at todays prices since we also live on a fixed income

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast