Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Color Me fabric by Michael Miller >

Color Me fabric by Michael Miller

Color Me fabric by Michael Miller

Old 09-29-2015, 08:01 AM

I both love and dislike the idea. To spend over $12 a meter for fabric and then the expensive pens seems like a lot of money. On the plus side, I've always loved colouring books!
Old 09-29-2015, 08:26 PM

I checked out some of the designs and was not impressed. I was hoping it would be like the adult coloring books with symmetrical designs, or intricate patterns. These are suitable for children to color.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by My time View Post
I both love and dislike the idea. To spend over $12 a meter for fabric and then the expensive pens seems like a lot of money. On the plus side, I've always loved colouring books!
I agree. They had this stuff when I was little in the form of aprons & tote bags and the like. I loved it as a little girl, but at least back then it didn't give the best results.

For a cheaper option, I've found buying PFD fabric ($10/yard) and the InkTense blocks is a much more affordable option & gives a nicer result. On top of that, they sell that Outliner pencil for $1.64 that works like a wax crayon to prevent coloring outside the lines. Yes, the blocks are $8 for 12 and then you have the cost of 3-4 brushes on top of that, but then you can create as many designs as a Sharpie & your imagination allows. I can draw my own designs or print out coloring pages from the web & trace them onto the fabric. I'm working on a fishing game right now where I have different colored fish with magnets in their mouth (sewn shut) and a little magnet fishing pole that will be my Christmas present to my nephew. For $32 at http://www.dickblick.com, I was able to get everything I needed (minus the Sharpies & aloe gel -- which I already had) to get started on my PFD fabric. Just waiting to receive my supplies and then there'll be no stopping me! I think Derwent is a British company so you should be able to get those over in the UK -- hopefully a reseller can get you them cheaper than Derwent because they're only $8 for 12 here & I saw Derwent's website has them listed at £16. Can't imagine why they would cost so much more over there when it's an English company.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:25 PM

I saw some MM Christmas fabric that was to color. Snowman and candy canes, etc. Thought it would be fun to buy yardage and then every Christmas all those who were in attendance would color, sign and date. Then cover it with clear plastic until heat set and keep it from year to year. I think I read where someone did this but wasn't with preprinted fabric. Think it is a cool idea.