Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Come Quilt wit me Today - 8/19 (Sorry it's late!!)

Krista, I like the first setting.

I really like, no LOVE, this! I would say don't rip it. Beautiful blocks. Where are the patterns, or did you design them?
    Kathy in TX

Quote Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
    Hoping my thread will die quietly, now that Rachel has started the official one. So I'm cross posting my plea for help on this thread.

I just pulled out all the finished blocks for my BOM, and I discovered that I have sewed half of my connecting blocks together in mirror image Now I have to decide - redesign the quilt, or do a *lot* of ripping. Help! please look below, and tell me which you prefer. The blue/red block in the upper row is reversed in the 2 pictures. Do you like the symmetrical alternating light/dark (pic 1), or the all dark (pic 2) around the middle block?

Attachment 356557
    Attachment 356556

Quote Originally Posted by KathyPhillips View Post
    I really like, no LOVE, this! I would say don't rip it. Beautiful blocks. Where are the patterns, or did you design them?
    Kathy in TX
    The pattern is called Dancing with the Stars. It's a block of the month - this one started in Feb, but it seems that this location is starting again this October http://www.stitchinheaven.com/stitch...rams.asp#dance I'm not sure if you can buy the patterns, but if you did some searching you could probably find out.

A lot of quilt stores seem to have it as a BOM, so you might want to check with your local store or your favourite on-line store for it.

What a productive afternoon. I have worked on the quilt with a 9/13 deadline today (108"x108" - huge) and it is now ready to hand stitch the self binding. If the quilt police knew how long I have worked on this quilt (4 years) and saw how many mistakes I have made along the way (first quilt-big big learning curve) - they would put me away for life!

Linda

Sew little time and sew many ideas

OOooooooh Like the blocks just as thy are.

I'm going to work on hand sewing the binding to a baby quilt I'm working on. Hopefully get started on a T-shirt quilt for my nephew. Never made one, so a little intimidated with cutting up the shirts.

Blog Entries
    I'm finishing a quilt for my DGD - made from dresses I made for her when she was 5 and 6. I just have the binding to finish, and then I'll post a pic. I just finished embroidering the 'label' on the binding. When I finish here on the Board, I'll duck back into my cave and finish.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7