Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 9/23!! >

Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 9/23!!

Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 9/23!!

Old 09-23-2012, 07:23 AM

Thanks for the nice comments on my heart block, as I mentioned it's not my original idea. Went back & found the original posting where I got my inspiration. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ts-t70299.html
Old 09-23-2012, 07:29 AM

Welll finished sewing my train rows together...I hung it up (it still needs a border) and started cutting up my flannel rag christmas blocks. Oh...how I wish I would have bought more (I must have been thinking pillows when I bought the fat qtrs last year)....that is ok...I will find some other flannel in my stash to match. I may go back to my train quilt and put the borders on. Thinking I sorta like doing two quilts at once.

Last edited by carolaug; 09-23-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:29 AM

Still procrastinating, but I've cleaned the bathroom and laundry is in the dryer. The stop border is sewn on, and I've sewn my guideline for attaching the 4" border. Just trying to figure out where to put my joins - at the 2/3 marks or directly above a frame edge.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]364872[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails borders-002.jpg  
Old 09-23-2012, 07:48 AM

YEAH!! quilt top pieced..now to cut the border and attach..Then at a standstill on this project until I get the backing and batting.....Then to decide what to do next...Christmas and teacher bow tucks, find a pattern for table runners, or work on some potholders...Or I can continue on the hand quilting on my scrappy quilt (although that is usually an evening job while I watch TV)) HHMMMM..
Old 09-23-2012, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
Still procrastinating, but I've cleaned the bathroom and laundry is in the dryer. The stop border is sewn on, and I've sewn my guideline for attaching the 4" border. Just trying to figure out where to put my joins - at the 2/3 marks or directly above a frame edge.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]364872[/ATTACH]
LOVE the fabrics and the way you put them together!!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:58 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Just about to hop in. Rachel, since I don't work at all anymore, I get up late everyday. Did clean the entire house yesterday, so I could be free today. Just about to go pick up my Sept PP block of the month, then my list is:

Make Sept BOM (unless this is another 18 unit 18"x 36" block)
Do my Sept swap block--really pushing this one, but at least the fabric and pattern are picked out.
Finish Des' train quilt top--Christmas present.
Get two castles done for Ina's castles quilt--Christmas present.
Do at least two units of the "quilt from hell" dizzy geese quilt.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:13 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I'm in!

Taking apart the first two quadrants of these African lapas fabric quilts I'm making on commission because I learned as I went and don't like how the first parts went together. I've made 8 quadrants -- yeah, I know -- but the quilt is double-sided so there will be four per side.

After I've reverse sewn these two, I will lay them out and sew the strips together again. These are all on the bias and it takes time to lay them out and get them to fit the size I need. May be all I get done today! If I'm truly inspired by the virtual day, I'll start to layer and baste the quadrants for QAYG.

Jan in VA
Old 09-23-2012, 08:25 AM

Just checking in again. I have 2 blocks completed and I am waiting for the sun to move in the right spot so I can take pictures!! I will post them once I can taken em. I hope everyone else is working hard!!

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 09-23-2012, 08:33 AM

Good morning everyone, I am just getting going! Would love to join you, but have quite a few things on my to do list. Maybe I will get to join you later when hubby is watching football. I am trying to get a quilt to together.
I love seeing what everyone is working on.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:34 AM

Wow - you're all on top of things - I slept in late this morning, and hope to get some sewing done this afternoon. I have a table runner to sew, that should be pretty quick and I have a baby quilt to finish. After that, I think I'm going to be cutting some scraps for a couple swaps.