Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
comments on allure plus/babylock >

comments on allure plus/babylock

comments on allure plus/babylock

Old 09-09-2011, 06:13 AM

well, thanks to all for the words of support in my purchase of the allure plus. I have not purchased a sewing machine in many a year, so I was reluctant, having seen so many, and each one offering so much it really begins to boggle the mind...and the prices on some are more than I wanted to spend...so I now feel comfortable with what I have decided on. I will pick it up Sunday (it is at our local county fair), so I think I will be "experimenting and reading the manual)on Monday and since the dealer is right here in my little town, I will feel well cared for. Again thanks to all for encouragement on my new adventure..........
Old 09-12-2011, 07:53 PM

Hi,

So, did you read the manual today for your Ellure Plus and are you playing with it and loving it? I love all my Babylocks!!
Let us know how you two are getting along.....enjoy!

Bev
Old 09-13-2011, 05:24 AM

About Allure Plus: I picked it up Sunday...was a floor demo at our local county fair...I hope I got a good price...I thought so..anyway....I read some of the manual yesterday afternoon...I now have an old viking 1+, and a lot of the stitch stuff is about the same...It will be the embroidery part that will be so updated......will have to wrap my head around that slowly......having computer tech come over tomorrow to clean up my desktop before I attempt using it to download patterns(or whatever one does).....don't laugh!!!! I will be going to the shop for some lessons that come with the purchase (in town here), but probably not until next week.....in the meantime, I was going to try to sell my viking, but thinking about it, all the attachments, books, cards, I have invested into it-I would be giving it away and as long as it still works I guess I will use it too...what do you all think--would you get rid of old one or keep???????
Old 09-13-2011, 05:24 AM

somehow I made my message appear twice, tried to delete second printing and you guessed it, don't know how so I am just writing this silliness to fill in this space....have a great day, sun is shining here, hope it's shining where you are!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:53 AM

Keep your old machine! We all need backups, and backups for our backups, LOL
Old 09-13-2011, 08:18 PM

I have the Quilter's Choice Pro (~3 years old now) and love it. I would buy another Babylock (any model) in a heartbeat!