Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Confidence level is moving up!!!!

Blog Entries

Confidence level is moving up!!!!

A while back i posted that I had bought fabric and was afraid to cut it for fear that I would "ruin" it. That being said Friday I went to Holmes County in Ohio and bought some gorgeous material that I knew would make a beautiful table runner. Again spent more than I normally do for fabric but I just fell in love with it. Well I could hardly wait to cut it - haha! Made the table runner top last night and can hardly wait to get in my "girl cave" and work on more with it. I am seeing a couple of placemats made out it also! Before I would use my ugly stuff to make a pattern first but not now!

if I am trying a pattern for the first time, I always use my ugly fabric to make a few sample blocks......have found cutting errors on ''free'' patterns off the internet and also in a $15.00 pattern from my LQS that would have ruined my ''good fabric''. better to be safe than sorry....IMO!

Blog Entries
    i so agree with you jodimarie! that is why i tend to use my scrappy stuff first! fabric is so expensive these days. right now i am going through my stash of homespun that i have picked up here and there to make a rag quilt and i need 288 squares and by going through my stash i was able to come up with about 170 - with what i picked up friday i should be able to reach 200.

Blog Entries
    My new game is to use my "Christmas Fabric". If it works, I have a gift to give--if it doesn't I am good with that because I am not really a fan of quilts that are only used 1 month a year.

Blog Entries
    Glad you jumped in and cut the good stuff The feeling you get when something is finished a wonderful thing
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Glad you're getting braver!
    Heather