Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Connecting Threads Essential Cotton Quilting Thread?

Well, thanks to someone's glowing review of the customer service over at Connecting Threads I think I've found my new go-to for fabric and the like. My question though is how good is their thread? I'm in love with Gutterman thread, been using it exclusively since my first quilt, but good lord can it get expensive!

Does anyone use it? How is it? Their prices seem extremely reasonable, and I might throw a thread collection on my graduation wishlist if you guys think it's good enough. :)

I love there thread. It's great!

Blog Entries
    I use it and I like it. It's good quality and it doesn't shred or fuzz up. In fact I should be receiving a good size order of thread from them today.

I have been using COnnecting Threads cotton for long arm quilting. Started it because of all the comments on here about people using it and liking it. I like it alot and it is economical. I also use Gutterman adn like it and buy it at JoAnn's whn on sale or use coupons. But my nearest JoAnn's is 45 minutes away. It's cheaper to pay for the shipping for Connecting Threads thread than it is to drive to JoAnn's.

Great! I'm sure my family will be happy to see something other than a Featherweight show up on my graduation present wishlist, even though that's more wishful thinking than anything else.

another :thumbup: for the thread, i use it in my midarm and love it

Well i have been using their thread for over a year and i like it (not than i know what the difference is, but i know it doesn't break on me...lol).Anyway congratulations on your graduations....wohooooo..
    Quote Originally Posted by Brynn
    Great! I'm sure my family will be happy to see something other than a Featherweight show up on my graduation present wishlist, even though that's more wishful thinking than anything else.

I guess I am odd man out here. I am not crazy about their thread, nor their poly for LAing. I am ecstatic that the one cone I bought of the poly for LAing is almost gone. The cotton I have also used in my LA but it makes a lot of lint in the bobbin case area. It does the job ok but there are too many other threads out there that I have discovered at comparable prices that I like much better.

I too love the connecting threads thread. It is all I use.

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    I guess I am odd man out here. I am not crazy about their thread, nor their poly for LAing. I am ecstatic that the one cone I bought of the poly for LAing is almost gone. The cotton I have also used in my LA but it makes a lot of lint in the bobbin case area. It does the job ok but there are too many other threads out there that I have discovered at comparable prices that I like much better.
    What kinds of thread do you prefer? I've been sort of an isolated quilter since I started, and I'm curious about what other folks prefer and use.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast