Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Connecting Threads Fabric

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

I was wondering if anyone has used the fabric that Connecting Threads sells? If you have, what are your thoughts on it? Nice quality, flimsy, good color saturation, etc....

They are having a great sale right now and I'm tempted. I just don't want to buy something and then be disappointed in it.

As always, thanks for the input! :)

Blog Entries
    I used it on a challenge quilt for guild and it sewed really nice, has a really good feel. not problem at all

Blog Entries
    Love the fabric--very good quality.

I purchased 20 pieces (various yardages) from Connecting Threads just before Christmas. This was my first purchase from them. The package arrived quickly, and the order (including several spools of thread) was correct. I washed and pressed the fabric and had no problem with colors running or fading. The weight of the fabric is very good, certainly not flimsy. In fact I think it's on the heavier side of many quilt shop fabrics. It "feels" good.

The selvage on one side of the fabric is "different" in that it's not tightly woven, not "finished". However, the pieces were wider than 45" before washing, so no usable fabric is lost there, and the pieces seemed to press more easily than those with tightly woven selvages.

Overall I'm very happy with the fabric quality. I did notice that almost all of the pieces I ordered had only 2 colors - white and one or two shades of something else - and this seemed to be true of a large number of the fabrics offered on the web site. I think this is why I haven't been drawn to Connecting Threads fabrics in the past. The fabrics just don't look as scrumptious to me as fabrics that use a lot of color. In fact I'm thinking about using these in my Dear Jane, since they remind me of fabrics from an earlier time.

I'll definitely buy fabric from Connecting Threads again. In fact I think I'll take another look now...

Blog Entries
    I have lots of Connecting Threads fabrics. It's manufacutred by KalTex. I like the silky feel of it and I haven't had one color bleed so far. I buy the fat quarter bundles of each new line or at least the strip or charm pack. That way I can see each color fabric to decide which one to buy more of. I bought enough on the sale going on now to have backing to last me a long time. The Sweet and Sour line colors are very pretty in person. I like the Bed and Breakfast line too and love the Indigo line. I can't wait to see the new fabric lines coming this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    I purchased 20 pieces (various yardages) from Connecting Threads just before Christmas. This was my first purchase from them. The package arrived quickly, and the order (including several spools of thread) was correct. I washed and pressed the fabric and had no problem with colors running or fading. The weight of the fabric is very good, certainly not flimsy. In fact I think it's on the heavier side of many quilt shop fabrics. It "feels" good.

The selvage on one side of the fabric is "different" in that it's not tightly woven, not "finished". However, the pieces were wider than 45" before washing, so no usable fabric is lost there, and the pieces seemed to press more easily than those with tightly woven selvages.

Overall I'm very happy with the fabric quality. I did notice that almost all of the pieces I ordered had only 2 colors - white and one or two shades of something else - and this seemed to be true of a large number of the fabrics offered on the web site. I think this is why I haven't been drawn to Connecting Threads fabrics in the past. The fabrics just don't look as scrumptious to me as fabrics that use a lot of color. In fact I'm thinking about using these in my Dear Jane, since they remind me of fabrics from an earlier time.

I'll definitely buy fabric from Connecting Threads again. In fact I think I'll take another look now...
    Thanks Dunster! That really helps me. It is hard to tell just by looking at something on a computer screen. I buy online all of the time but it is usually a designer line of fabric I have previously seen in person or I just know and trust a particular line...like Moda.

One of my favorite sites for discount designer fabrics is Whittles. All of the fabric is between $4.50 and $3.50 a yard! Check in out.

I just love the fabric that I get from Connecting Threads -- it has a lovely feel to it and sews up great! :D I just got another order from them yesterday -- everything was just as ordered and beautiful as always... :D :D

One of my favorite sites for discount designer fabrics is Whittles. All of the fabric is between $4.50 and $3.50 a yard! Check in out.[/quote]

What is the url, please.

Whittles website is www.whittlesfabrics.com. They're great and the customer service and shipping is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Candela59
    Whittles website is www.whittlesfabrics.com. They're great and the customer service and shipping is awesome!
    Thanks so much. I always like to try new sites.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast