Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Connecting Threads - order in process >

Connecting Threads - order in process

Connecting Threads - order in process

Old 09-17-2012, 09:08 AM

I love Connecting Threads...I just wish they'd get some different fabrics such as cabbage roses etc. Or more like Kaffee Fassett....that they'd branch out even more than they have.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Power Poster

When a new catalog comes out they are swamped. I order all the new fabric lines in the sampler bundle. This way I know which if any I want yardage of. I really like their batik line. It's gorgeous. The laminate cotton is the lowest price I've seen. Their flannel is the best. I order a lot of quilt kits from Connecting Threads. The fabric included is very generous. I usually order at least once a month from them. Something is always on sale.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Power Poster

I have ordered from them several times and am glad how little time it takes to get the order.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:03 AM

There's a Table Topper I'm thinking about getting,it's on page 5.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by liont View Post
Ladies, when you say 10 days, it is 10 days to get to your doorstep, or 10 days just to give you a tracking number?

MTS, I have a street address in Miami. We have a mail forwarding contract and they charge by the gram
Do you know anyone in the US that could receive your future orders from Connecting Threads and send them to you using a Flat-Rate-Box? The international charge is quite low compared to paying by the gram!!!!!!

You might even see if Connecting Threads could do the same.

HTH.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by HouseDragon View Post
Do you know anyone in the US that could receive your future orders from Connecting Threads and send them to you using a Flat-Rate-Box? The international charge is quite low compared to paying by the gram!!!!!!

HTH.
I know it is unimaginable. I had a hard time when I realized I do not have a mailbox here.
When we just arrived, we went apartment hunting. Looking around for the familiar mailboxes, I asked the agent, so where do we collect our mail? The agent gave me a strange look and told me that there is no mail service here. No mail delivery service.

They do have a rudimentary mail system. If you want to receive mail, you have to go to the post office to open a PO box. But things do get lost a lot. My husband has one of those PO boxes for his office. To illustrate how "efficient" the system is : I ordered 2 books from US, one reached me after 3 months, one never came. (We are only 2 hours by flight to Miami.)

So, even if someone were to send me a flat rate box to the PO box, I won't want to risk losing it in the system. I'd rather pay more and send it through the private mail forwarding service. I collect my packages at their office in the mall.

Sorry, I ranted too much. So sisters, do appreciate what you have in US. Don't ever take the mail service for granted
Old 09-17-2012, 01:20 PM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by HouseDragon View Post

HTH.
Connecting Threads does NOT ship outside of the US and Canada.
You can use a foreign credit card to pay but it must be shipped to US/Canadian address.

For whatever reason, they've decided they don't want the hassle.
They just started including Canada a couple/few years ago.

Last edited by MTS; 09-17-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:25 PM

I placed and order and they say it shipped on 9/ 12 and I live outside of Portland Oregon. I have ordered from them before they say shipping takes 5-14 days . They are not supper fast but my order allways shows up within the time frame.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:34 PM

I have ordered a couple of times from Connecting Threads - it seem I would get it about a week - I made my first order with Hancocks of Paducah - it took 12 days before they sent the order - I was surprised that such a big outfit doesn't have a system in place to get the orders out quick - I just received the fabric today and ordered it on 8/30 - I am glad I didn't pay for any kind of express shipping.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:51 PM

When I was in Alabama, fabric.com is always super duper fast. Expectedly so, because their warehouse is in Atlanta area.