Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Contemporary Baby Quilt Pattern

What is a good contemporary pattern that I could use for a baby quilt. The colors will be grey, white and yellow.

The nursery is quite modern in style. Very streamlined crib, just plain mini blinds. Nothing ruffly (is that a word) or cutesy.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewingladydi
    What is a good contemporary pattern that I could use for a baby quilt. The colors will be grey, white and yellow.

The nursery is quite modern in style. Very streamlined crib, just plain mini blinds. Nothing ruffly (is that a word) or cutesy.
    A d9p can be stunning and contemporary looking. If you use the grey for the centre squares of the 9 patch and the white in the outer centres and yellow in the corners I think it would look fabulous. :-D

baby irish chain, rail fence, d9p

Blog Entries
    try the sewkellysews.blogspot.com. she sews a lot of simple mod baby quilts. maybe you will find inspiration there. and a lot of the blogspots have free patterns. :D

hmmmmm DH swears " cutesy" and " ruffly" are NOT words. That I simply made them up.... I've used them for years....

ur not blonde by chance are u???? DH calls words I use that he is not familuar with " blondese" LOL

I made a baby quilt in a tumbler pattern. The mother to be wanted pink & brown & for it to be simple. She didn't want it to have ruffles or anything cutesy. It's not even done in baby fabrics. Whatever patten you decide on can be made comtemporary by the fabric selection.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by bluteddi

hmmmmm DH swears " cutesy" and " ruffly" are NOT words. That I simply made them up.... I've used them for years....

ur not blonde by chance are u???? DH calls words I use that he is not familuar with " blondese" LOL
    cute·sy/ˈkyo͞otsē/
    Adjective: Cute to a sentimental or mawkish extent: "hair pulled back in cutesy little bows".

How about a simple square in square or stacked coins, strip quilt. Contemporary is easy and not much cutting with straight line quilting. I like the website that judith1005 posted.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Now to get shopping for those colors!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast