Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Convert applique patterns to foundation pieced

My daughter is currently living and working in Hawaii and keeps picking up quilt "packs" for me. She is NOT a quilter. I don't want to hurt her feelings but all of the patterns are applique....not even turned edges, but set to fusible web and then just zig-zagged or machine blanket stitched. I would like to alter these so there is NO applique of any kind. The one she just gave me has pineapples on it which are appliqued. Does anyone know of a foundation pieced pineapple design (not the traditional pineapple quilt design, but an individual pineapple design) that I could swap for the appliqued one?

Quote Originally Posted by Giagia Polly
    My daughter is currently living and working in Hawaii and keeps picking up quilt "packs" for me. She is NOT a quilter. I don't want to hurt her feelings but all of the patterns are applique....not even turned edges, but set to fusible web and then just zig-zagged or machine blanket stitched. I would like to alter these so there is NO applique of any kind. The one she just gave me has pineapples on it which are appliqued. Does anyone know of a foundation pieced pineapple design (not the traditional pineapple quilt design, but an individual pineapple design) that I could swap for the appliqued one?
    05-2010-ANANAS-bl-vd-mnd-NL.pdf
    This is a free PDF pattern I just stumbled on one day when seaching for fruit and veggies pattern. I have it in my files, I can e-mail it to you, the title above I just copied from the pattern file, try and let me know.

Download seems to work, I tested it,looks ok.

The directions(instructions) aren't in English!!

If you look, Nevemi is from Finland. She can probably read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Giagia Polly
    Just curious. Do you not like appliqué? I don' think you would hurt your daughter's feelings by telling her. She doesn't understand the difference. If you explain it to her, you might get something more to your liking...and save her from wasting her money. I would want to know, if I were in her shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
    The directions(instructions) aren't in English!!
    Pay no attention to the title, it's is Dutch, I guess. SCROLL DOWN to the last page, there are piecing directions in English, too. And German ( which I can read) . I don't read Dutch either!

Blog Entries
    love your avatar cup!! garfiend is great!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks, Hevemi. This might work. It's a lovely pattern. Thanks for sharing!