Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Costa Rica >

Costa Rica

Costa Rica

Old 04-17-2010, 12:45 PM

It's been a long time since I have posted, but a few of my lady friends, including me, are heading to Costa Rica in two weeks to a quilting camp. We'll be quilting with Rita. Anyone ever been?
Old 04-17-2010, 01:05 PM

I have never been, but seen pics from someone else who was there and I believe you are in for a treat.

Couldn't resist to post you and tell you that I love Ogunquit. I was there a few years back. We left Plattsburgh NY towards Maine with no plans and no reservations for hotels. We were going to drive and stop whenever we wanted, but had no need to go beyond Ogunquit. It is such a nice town, lovely beaches and a quilt shop. who needs any more?
Old 04-17-2010, 02:45 PM

I went down there about 3 years ago. My daughter did a semester down there with her college. DH and I spent a week traveling around with her at the end of her semester (we wanted to make sure she came back home!!)
Old 04-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Power Poster

What a great treat. It sounds like so much fun.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:47 AM
Pam

Have a wonderful time!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:56 AM

I would love to go, but could never afford it.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:48 PM

Lucky you!! Costa Rica is on my bucket list. My husband and I are divers, and there is some diving there. What I really want to do is stay in an eco-lodge. We stayed at one in Belize and it was the most beautiful and peaceful place I've ever been. I'm green with envy. I hope you'll post again when you get back and tell us about it. Better yet . . . post while you're there or keep a blog so we can follow your trip!
Old 04-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Google Goddess

Have fun and take pictures! Happy Quilting
Old 04-18-2010, 02:30 PM

DH and I went, with another couple, to CR 3 yrs. ago. We loved it and would return anytime. I planned the entire trip using VRBO (Vacation Rentals By Owner) website. We flew into Liberia, the northern airport. Roads are very small and poorly maintained by our standards. Rental cars are tiny. We got the biggest avail, and barely had room for 4 adults with luggage. We were there for 2 weeks, and would have stayed longer if we could have.
If you want an adventure, try the hanging bridges or zip lines. I am scared (an understatement!) of heights, but did them both and survived! Eat the local food, tasty and inexpensive. Take enough cash, as getting $$ from a money machine is difficult and time consuming. People are friendly and you can get by with a smattering of Spanish. What part of the country will you stay in? Any time for sight seeing? Have a memorable trip!!
Old 05-31-2010, 03:03 PM

The trip is over! I arrived back last week and it was so much fun. We had three full days of quilting and then you could quilt anytime you wanted the other days. We made four twelve inch squares of subjects related to Costa Rica. I chose a palm tree (counted as 2-blocks), a hummingbird and frog. I love it!

We did alot of sightseeing. Rita was the best hostess and made sure we really got an overview of living in Costa Rica. If anyone is interested pull up Costa Rica quilting and find Rita's quilt escape. A wonderful time.

PattyAllayne