Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Cotton costing more......

Am I the only one who's taking a serious look before disposing of scraps, extra blocks, etc. I used to dump all these leftovers into a tub and when it got full I've donate. With the price of cotton going thru the roof, I'm looking long and hard before I let got of my precious 100% cotton now. Amazing how all those odd, bothersome pieces are now looked upon as potential beautiful scrappy quilts or wall hangings.
    bless ya'll
    MissJMac

I keep all my scraps and have used them to make nice size quilts. Don't give any away.Paid too much $$$$.....Greedy here.

Blog Entries
    I agree with you. I'm wanting to make a scrappy quilt so maybe it should be moved up the list.

I am with you on this. I am seriously questioning the size that makes it into discard.... and every time I ask myself how small is too small? I am not going to be so quick to donate my other more sizable scraps.

I keep anything 2in. square and up.Also strings of 1 in. or more. I mostly do scrappy quilts, so I save it all. I uuse to throw away the" Crumbs",but I have made some cool walhangings and quilts from them.

i've always kept all my scraps because even when fabric costs $6 a yard it was a lot of money to me.

i even keep small uneven pieces because they can be used in fusible applique pieces.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Yes, I think many of us are feeling the way you do. Someone on the board said the other day that prices will be up 120% a year from now and that really got me thinking!

Blog Entries
    Me too. Scraps look better and better after 2"!