Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cotton fabric costs are going up

A friend from work just came back from Paducah. While there she went to Hancocks of Paducah and had a blast shopping the sale tables. The owner was on hand and while chatting with him, he told her that cotton fabrics were going to be going up incredibly in price next year. He gave no indication how much but said it was substantial.
    Just thought I would pass on the information to all my quilting buddies.

Isn't that just wonderful!!! :evil:

Blog Entries
    What isn't going up. Makes you wish for the "Good ole days".

Quote Originally Posted by fktsewing
    A friend from work just came back from Paducah. While there she went to Hancocks of Paducah and had a blast shopping the sale tables. The owner was on hand and while chatting with him, he told her that cotton fabrics were going to be going up incredibly in price next year. He gave no indication how much but said it was substantial.
    Just thought I would pass on the information to all my quilting buddies.
    Did he give a reason?
    If he's correct about the higher prices it'll sure take a bite out of my quilting "therapy".

Like Dorthy said, Everything else has gone up, so it wouldnt surprise me! I wonder if the cotton crop was bad last year or something?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
    Like Dorthy said, Everything else has gone up, so it wouldnt surprise me! I wonder if the cotton crop was bad last year or something?
    I dont think it was, cotton and soybeans are the cash crops around this neck of the woods and I never heard a farmer complain yet. They will probably blame it on the transportation cost of something like that.

Billy

Bad news! We have to pay a lot more money here in Europe for our fabrics... for a high quality one about 16 or 17 Euros per meter, this is about 20$ per yard. I'm glad my stash is filled with material for the next 25 years I think.

Hurry Hurry Girls, The person with the most stash by January 2011 is the winner. The prize, you can quilt forever and never worry about buying high priced fabric again.

fabric.com has a $3.95 cotton sale right now, batiks in the sale too!

Then I will have to get out of the quilting business ... I don't have a huge stash ... and can't afford to stock up at this time as hubby is in school :(

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast