Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Cotton going up 5% October 1st

Blog Entries
    My company does 1000's of imprinted tees for various functions. I buy from a large wholesaler who ships them to me. I was just notified by email all Hanes, Gildan, Jerzees, Fruit of the Loom, etc would be going up 5% as of October 1st because the cotton mills were jacking up the prices on the 1st of October. Ladies, this means, look for out fabric prices to jump again. I checked today on a fabric I use a lot of in my quilts over the last 2 years. I started buying it in '08 7.99, June '09 $8.50, Jan '10 8.99 and this afternoon 9.99 same LQS.

I really hate to hear this. I know alot of us are on strict budgets, and it makes it more difficult to do what we love. Wish I had money to stock up! Thanks for the heads up!

That is so sad to hear. I will mean less fabric buying for me. I need to start using my stash.

Blog Entries
    I just told my brood to stock up on their undershirts, step-ins, socks, etc cotton clothing items before prices go up.

Time to buy my kids all socks and undies for Christmas. Wont they be thrilled....lol!

Thank God my lqs is having a 50% off members sale next week...looks like i'll be adding more to my stash than anticipated!

Blog Entries
    The fields around my area are snow white with cotton.
    It is ready to be picked. I know the farming machinery
    is expensive and so is the fuel to use it so guess thats why fabric and clothing will go up again. Cotton is plentiful, tho.

I was told in the Spring that cotton fabrics would be $10 by the end of the year. Crazy!