Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Cotton high price scare

Blog Entries
    Clark Howard just announced that after the shortage of cotton was announce, cotton farmers over planted their cotton crops. He says that cotton prices will come down drastically by fall. So, use coupons, buy from sellers here on the board, wait on sells, etc. until prices come down.
    Sounds good to me.

That would be a blessing...now if the gas prices would come down too...

No kidding...

Blog Entries
    True. Big productive crops are expected but most will be exported for Japan's needs, still leaving a shortage that probably won't lower prices anytime soon. If I find cotton fabric for a great sale price I'm buying. It won't go to waste that's for sure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fayzer
    Clark Howard just announced that after the shortage of cotton was announce, cotton farmers over planted their cotton crops. He says that cotton prices will come down drastically by fall. So, use coupons, buy from sellers here on the board, wait on sells, etc. until prices come down.
    Sounds good to me.
    Only problem is that worldwide, demand outstrips supply. Also, high cost of fuel adds to transport prices to bring cotton to market. Also, the Fed is decreasing the value of your dollar by flooding the market with cash. In addition, droughts in parts of the country may lead to a smaller crop. I have vowed to sew from my stash this year. I don't see it getting better any time soon-sorry. :cry:

Blog Entries
    I hope and pray that this works :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    That would be a blessing...now if the gas prices would come down too...
    Let's pray really hard!

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    True. Big productive crops are expected but most will be exported for Japan's needs, still leaving a shortage that probably won't lower prices anytime soon. If I find cotton fabric for a great sale price I'm buying. It won't go to waste that's for sure.
    Couldn't have said it any better! Food prices never went down after the gas prices a couple of years ago and neither did many other things. They all felt we would pay those prices forever and decided not to lower them. Now here we are again at almost the highest gas prices ever so I won't hold my breath over any prices declining for quite awhile. The transportation costs will keep everything high for quite a long time.

Blog Entries
    Well, just burst my bubble why don't you! LOL

I'm skeptical! Things almost never go down once they know that they can get the higher price.