Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Cotton lawn help

Cotton lawn help

Hi everyone: Just ordered another large order from Connecting Threads. So much for the fabric moratorium, but sure have been having fun for relatively little $$. Just love the new line (Matsuri) and ordered a lap quilt kit, among other things, and am anxious to see and feel the fabric. Loved the colors used and the prints in that line. There was mention that a smaller machine needle should be used on the thinner weight fabric. Should I be changing my tension too? Standard thread should be okay? It's been years since I've sewed on anything but standard quilting cotton and flannel. Thanks!

Please post a pic and let us know how the finished project goes!! I love the lawn, but have heard concerns about the sheerness and durability... Anxious to learn more about it

Blog Entries
    If you use a smaller needle, it's probably a good idea to use finer thread also. I like Aurifil 50 wt 2-ply.

Did you check out Connecting Thread's tip page on working with lawn fabrics?
    http://www.connectingthreads.com/cti...nfactsheet.pdf

And AmandaJean just posted about a quilt she is working on using this same line of fabrics...
    http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2...-giveaway.html

as far as messing with your tension---wait & see if it needs adjusting- it may or may not- if your thread is equal wt top & bottom chances are you will not have to change tension- tension really has nothing to do with the needle you are using.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy