Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Could somebody help me with the math?

Quote Originally Posted by sandyms View Post
    Dunster, would it help her any if she used an Easy Angle to cut her triangles? I'm making a Jewel Box quilt for our daughter. Using fat quarters of batiks for a quilt that will be 108x108. Only using 24 fat quarters, I have all the HST's made, working on the 4 patch units, and have some of each fat quarter left over. I used the Easy Angle for all this.
    Sorry, I've never used the Easy Angle. I really haven't done that many HST's or QST's to have developed a favorite method for making them. I've tried several different methods, just haven't settled on one yet.

I agree with all of MTS's comments. I do think that larger blocks would be better on a larger quilt, and I don't think I would use FQ's for this pattern because of the waste. I would look for a FQ-friendly pattern instead, or use yardage.

MTS
    Banned
    Or the 24 FQ's didn't include the background fabric for the Jewel Box quilt, which would mean it WAS twice the amount of fabric (~12 yards of fabric).

That makes more sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2