Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: COULD SOMEONE HELP ME WITH A MACHINE PROBLEM

i have a quilting machine and the machine on it is a janaome 1600p and the place i bought it from was selling all hone machines and keeping the commercial and i had to search the internet and get a manual on line but i cannot find the place where to lower the feed dogs coul someone please help me i have never had a janome i have always had brother thanks ya'll are so sweet i am sure someone canpoint in the right directions thanks dorothy from tenn

Here's some info I found when I Googled your question:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t394010...janome_1600_db

Blog Entries
    I have a Janome and there is a slide switch in the back to raise and lower the feeddog. have you tried going to their web site? janome.com. They have a lot of info. there.

Blog Entries
    i have a Janome MC4800 and there is a button slide behind the machine/needle area. slide it to one side. it will lower the feed dogs and they won't go back up after you slide it back in place until you start to sew something. so don't fret if you don't see them go back up right away.

I have the Janome 6600P. This has a very close machine body as yours. I believe the slide switch is on the front of the machine, down on the base just above the knee lifter.

Hope this helps.

thank you everyone i really appreceite i didn't get the knee thing with this one i had to download the manual it didn't come with it and have no idea on sewing on it the only thing i have had is a singer when i was young and now it is brother and i juess i am spoiled on brother thanks everyone dorothy from tenn

I have a 1600P and there is a slide in the FRONT of the machine on the right, side under the Word JANOME, to lower the feed dogs.