Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Couldn't resist another quilt book from Leisure Arts. >

Couldn't resist another quilt book from Leisure Arts.

Couldn't resist another quilt book from Leisure Arts.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:45 AM

I think this book has been out for a while...copyright 2010. I got my monthly crafterschoice.com pamphlet and saw it...checked on Amazon and it was cheaper so I ordered it on Tuesday evening and it was here yesterday. It's called Tabletop Quilts from Fons and Porter. I fell in love with the picture on the cover...Chicken Dance. Looked through it last night and OMG...there are at least 10 table top quilts I want to make.

I watched their weekly show on PBS Thursday afternoon and it was and old show...her daughter was with her and they were showing paper piecing.

Trying to post a picture of the cover...have no clue if this will work.

Edited to add...by gum it did work. lol
Attached Thumbnails attachment-275241.jpe  
Old 10-22-2011, 05:44 AM

Books are my downfall! Hubby totally supports my fabric addiction, but not so much the books ... well, not so much ALLLLL the books I have. Oh well, such is life! Enjoy your new book!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:07 AM

Cute table topper!!

Books are my weakness too! I have so many that it is almost embarrassing!! They are one of my addictions besides fabric. I know that I will never make most of the lovely quilts in them but there's nothing like settling in with a cup of tea or coffee and browsing and reading though a few of them. I find them inspiring and wish I had the time to put together all of my ideas and sew them up!!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:19 AM

This is on my Amazon wish list too, I love the quilt on the cover. Do post us a pic when you make one x
Old 10-22-2011, 06:23 AM

That pattern was in their magazine too, loved it!
Old 10-22-2011, 07:17 AM

I ordered a Leisure Arts book from
Amazon on the 15th and on the 20 it arrived by Fed Ex in St Louis and they handed it off to the Post Office and it still isn't here. I do love to order from them though as they are a lot more reasonable in price.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:21 AM

I used to be in a craft club from JUST Leisure Arts. Loved it! I guess it closed, but I sure enjoyed it while I could. Looks like you scored good on your book. Sure is a cute cover, and I love it when there is more than one pattern to enjoy when buying a book.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:15 AM

I love books also, currently waiting for "Quilts from the Heat" by Fons and Porter, $4.50 on ebay....am also getting the book Slice em & Dice em Quilts from a member here......love my books....can sit and read a quilt book and/or a cook book....just like a novel...and am as happy as a child in a mud puddle.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:38 AM

I just haaaad to look up the table topper book. I was forced to look on amazon! looks very interesting and fun. check out friendship strips and scraps by edyta sitar. Daughter gave it to me with a strong hint she would like the one on the cover. it has some cool ideas in it also from strips...
Old 10-22-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by twinkle
This is on my Amazon wish list too, I love the quilt on the cover. Do post us a pic when you make one x
LOL...it could be more than a year till I make it. Unless I put the...now up to 6...projects I have all fabric and supplies for on hold and buy more fabric. YEAH!!!