Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Couldn't wait to show you all >

Couldn't wait to show you all

Couldn't wait to show you all

Old 05-05-2012, 05:38 PM

Default Couldn't wait to show you all

what I found yest. in a new "junk/antique" shop in our town. My challenge now is to figure out how to put in pictures in this new forum.

These little baby machines are so cute. The smallest one didn't have power cord or foot pedal but the ones from the middle machine actually fit & that little thing took right off. Startled me when it did. It's only 7" tall & 7" wide so I thought it was a toy at first. Then the pink one was so cute I couldn't leave it behind. I haven't tried the largest one (7"x11") yet but the clerk said she had actually sewed with it. They all have bobbins in them. Got all 3 for $35. I figured they'd be great display pieces.

Now to try to get pix in.

Ok, I give up. Just can't figure out how to get pix in. Sorry. Not much point to this post.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:57 PM

if you start a new reply, you can hit "go advanced" you will see a spot to add attachments there. Hope this helps you.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:02 PM

Awww, come on, you've got us in suspense! LOL. I just click on the little Picture icon above the post box - it's the fourth icon from the right. It says "insert image" and then choose browse to find it on your computer.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Power Poster

The third icon from the right on top of the post window, when put the cursor on it it will say insert image. Click on it. Select choose file. go to pic where you saved it on your computer, select upload image. Three clicks is all it takes to insert a picture. If it was hard there would be no pictures posted at all.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:52 PM

Default Upload of pix fails over & over

I did the Manage Attachments but over &over it says "upload failed". I can't find the other icons people have suggested. I also don't see anything or know exactly which is considered the post window.

I really want to learn this & I'm sure it will be easy once I learn the tricks.

If somebody would PM me & are willing to share their email address, I could send you the pix so you could insert them. I'm just having so much trouble with this new computer..

Pat
Old 05-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Power Poster

When upload fails , it usually means the pic is too large- can you make the pic smaller ?
Old 05-05-2012, 08:12 PM

Go to tinypic.com. It will resize it for you and give you the code to post.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:22 PM

To resize: From the browse window get your list of pictures - you normally select the one you want to use - click on the picture you want one time - it will turn blue. Then RIGHT click over the blue and you'll have a list of options. Choose "edit", then "resize", then "pixels" change the number in the window to 750, then click ... apply or some such thing to get it to take the number. Save by clicking on the little floppy disk icon. THEN choose your newly resized picture and continue as usual. Now the upload will not fail. One hopes anyway! Good luck!
Old 05-07-2012, 03:27 AM
Power Poster

I couldn't download pictures when the new format came into play so I contacted PatriceJ. She went into my reply section and added something that was missing. I had tried to post pictures many times with no luck. Have been successful since Patrice helped me out. Good Luck.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:01 AM

Now I am patiently waiting to see these pics. Please keep trying.