Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Craft show displays >

Craft show displays

Craft show displays

Old 10-17-2011, 03:13 AM

How about a folding screen made from shutters, either wood or synthetic? You can hang 'S' hooks from the slats.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:39 AM

I'm no help with ideas, everyone here has great ones. My only comment would be to keep stuff above knee to hip level or it will not be seen.:) Good Luck at your shows.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:44 AM

"Oh one more tip .. for the tote bags .. I use balloons for a filler in the bag."

I do something similar. I got some 2 gal Ziploc bags and I blow them up with a straw and insert into the purses. That way I can use them over and over.

Thanks for more ideas. If I ever get it "right" I'll post some pictures.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:25 AM

I would suggest a free standing coat rack and attached hooks down the pole to hang more purses.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:45 AM

When I displayed my items on a table I layered them maybe place a container under the tablecloth to raise them and give them some height. It always worked for me.
Noella
Old 10-17-2011, 04:51 AM

I like this 'garment rack' www.collectionsets.com item # 115-36-21029 I use it and like how easy it sets up & folds up...they also have 'doubles' ,( but I'm not sure where I saw those.) google them!
Old 10-17-2011, 05:10 AM

I attended a flea market in Knoxville and purchased some flowers. the man put them in a plastic pag and gave them to me with a large (about three inches long) "S" hook. one end went through the bag loop and the other you placed on your wrist to carry the bag "hands free" If you could find these it would be nice to use for hanging just about anywhere, even on tables.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:34 AM

Patty Purple, my daughter and I have been shooting around ideas for ways to display things at craft festivals too.

For your purse displays, this might be an idea you'd like:
Go to a selvage yard and purchase four inexpensive and visually interesting old doors. Wooden screen doors would be gorgeous, but probably more expensive than indoor doors. Using hinges, connect the doors to each other in pairs. Two pairs, angled in two "L"s, back to back would make a free standing "X", from which you could hang your purses on all sides. Or you could arrange the doors in a zig zag panel, but be careful that they can't be knocked over easily.
For the hangers/hooks to hold your bags, you have a lot of options. You could hang your purses off of homemade hooks made from old metal hangers bent into curlicues and swirls. These can be attached to the doors with wood screws. Or you could even install interesting old cabinet knobs across the surfaces of the doors. Or mix and match. With these ideas, you would have "green" as in recycled/re-used, purse displays.

Ha! I just realized I wrote “selvage yard” instead of “salvage yard” LOL
Old 10-17-2011, 07:28 AM

You probably don't live too far from me, which got me wondering...what craft shows do you exhibit in? We just missed going to that huge The Letchworth Arts & Crafts Show because it snuck up and passed before we realized it. Anyway, it would be fun to keep an eye out for Pattypurple's Purses at a show someday!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:17 AM

I would love to see photos of some of these ideas. My DD takes my raggy items when she does her Open House for Avon/Tupperware. I really need a totebag display. It has to be inexpensive, though.