Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Craft show top ten list letterman style

I'm starting to quilt after making clothing my whole life and truthfully I like them puffier also to use, that is and wasn't "into" traditional country type quilts either. That doesn't mean I couldn't appreciate the craftsmanship, it's just not my "thing".

I had one keep looking at my runner over and over??? I ask her if I could help her???? She said she was looking for the label of where I bought it!!!!!!!! I explained that I made it and Thanked her so much for the compliment......She rolled her eyes and moved on????
    Wonder if these women take out quilts they buy @ the Dept. Stores and cut away @ them????? lol lol

Blog Entries
    lol

Love it!

I think you have to have a thick skin when selling...or a sense of humor! Love the idea of posting answers to some of these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray
    Love the sign that I saw at a craft show:

Of course you can make it yourself -
    But when and for how much?
    Oh I SO need that sign! People are ALWAYS looking at my stuff for trophy ideas. It is very annoying, however I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing when one of the ladies told her friend that she was going to make some for trophies, but she was going to sew (applique) the dog from some cards that she had. Yes, she came back the next year to buy. :lol:

My dh did woodworking when we were younger and we used to set up at craft shows. I know what you are talking about. I think my favorite one what when a man and his wife came by our booth and she was admiring something when he commented " I can make that". She snapped right back " yes, but will you?". After they left, I laughed til I almost peed my pants. People are funny.

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray
    Love the sign that I saw at a craft show:

Of course you can make it yourself -
    But when and for how much?
    love this LOL

Quote Originally Posted by luv-e
    I had one keep looking at my runner over and over??? I ask her if I could help her???? She said she was looking for the label of where I bought it!!!!!!!! I explained that I made it and Thanked her so much for the compliment......She rolled her eyes and moved on????
    Wonder if these women take out quilts they buy @ the Dept. Stores and cut away @ them????? lol lol
    maybe she rolled her eyes because she did not believe you made it (obviously she thought it was store bought)

I would have reacted the same as you did.

Blog Entries
    Love your list.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast