Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Craftsy Classes

Question Craftsy Classes

Have you taken Craftsy class? What did you think of it? Kay England is doing a civil war block one I am considering taking. I love her Nifty Notions rulers as they save on fabric. I have taken a class from her in person and really enjoyed it. But I like the idea of being able to go back and review it whenever I want.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    I have purchased two classes but have not been able to start them yet. So, I am glad they are they when it will convenient for me.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

What are they? Is there a link or is it something local to you?
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Blog Entries
    I signed up for a couple classes. It is very practical because you can take part no matter where you are or when you have the time.

http://www.craftsy.com/

Blog Entries
    I've taken 3 of the classes on Craftsy. I LOVE them! Once you buy the class, you get to keep it forever, you can interact with others who are doing the same class, you can ask questions and get answers, pause, rewind and go over any spot again if you need to, write notes to yourself,and add bookmarks to sections that are important to you, and re-do the class any time you want, as many times as you want. Can't get better than that. Well worth the money, and sometimes you can get them on sale. What's not to like???
    "I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane!"
    Valarie

I LOVE Craftsy. I have taken 3 quilting classes and 2 sewing classes. I like the quilting more than the sewing classes. I've also signed up for a few free classes I haven't done yet, and got one free from Bernina.

Stupendous Stitching was my absolute favorite, followed by Pictorial Quilting.

The only thing I wish they would do is publish supply lists before you sign up.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    First try the FREE BOM and see what you think about it. I signed up for four classes and have taken 3 of them so far. I haven't taken the whole classes, I'm still in the process, but I really enjoy them. But my all time favorite is the FREE BOM. Start in January and work your way to June. There are thousands of people enrolled in her classes. You can pause them, do 30 second rewinds and play them over and over. I really love her class. When you go to www.craftsy.com go to quilting and it's usually down at the bottom of the page. Watch the first one (of the free BOM) and see what you think.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayslearning View Post
    What are they? Is there a link or is it something local to you?
    here is a link to the website http://www.craftsy.com/
    they have online classes, as well as other things
    Nancy in western NY

I really like them. I am doing the free BOM, free machine one and bought 3 others. I enjoy them and find them easy to follow.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

Blog Entries
    I have taken two classes. So nice! If you can't go to classes or workshops, these classes are like being there. And how many guilds can afford to have all these teachers one after another? Try one class you are interested in. I know you will love it.
    Got fabric?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast