Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Craftsy classes? >

Craftsy classes?

Craftsy classes?

Old 03-14-2016, 01:30 PM

Love their classes! I love that I can make notes and when I return I can click where I left the note and read it.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:03 PM

I have taken several Craftsy classes and love them. I like being able to go back to them over and over. I have asked a few questions of the instructors and have gotten quick responses. You can adjust the speed of the class. This works great for the occasional instructor who speaks very slowly and also when you are reviewing the class. I hope no one from Craftsy is looking here, but NEVER buy a class full price, as they frequently have sales, often 50% off.

I also have taken classes at LQS and at AQS shows and enjoyed them too. Fact is, I have taken a class at a show because of a Craftsy class. Loved the instructor (Cindy Needham).
Old 03-14-2016, 05:05 PM

I always prefer an in-person teacher and the experience of learning with others, but do have a couple of Craftsy classes and like what I saw--but how the heck do you find them again? I've logged in to the site that allows you to purchase them but can't get to my classes??? Help please!
Old 03-14-2016, 08:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
but how the heck do you find them again? I've logged in to the site that allows you to purchase them but can't get to my classes??? Help please!
When you log in click the small arrow by your picture (or avatar) and select "My Classes." Then just click on the class you want to watch again.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:07 PM

I have taken a number of Craftsy classes. They enable me to watch and question good quilters from US. If I go to a class you have to go at the speed of the slowest in the room, which means if you finish a section quickly you have to wait.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:36 AM

Love Craftsy. Learn on my own time schedule. Prefer them to 'classroom settings'. The last one I went to was just a platform to sell products. I did not appreciate that.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:13 AM

I've taken about 5 Craftsy classes. 4 of them were great and the 5th less so. They offer a refund if you don't like the class and they were true to their word. I asked to return the class and they refunded my Paypal the same day. So, my point is, you've got nothing to lose by trying.

Watson
Old 03-15-2016, 04:25 AM
Power Poster

I have signed up for Craftsy classes after taking the classroom class. Why choose, do both!
Old 03-15-2016, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
When you log in click the small arrow by your picture (or avatar) and select "My Classes." Then just click on the class you want to watch again.
This is the way, and when you are looking at classes, it'll have a banner over the ones saying you are enrolled already. I like that, you forget especially with the free ones.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:43 AM

I have purchased several Craftsy classes and have never been disappointed. I think you should take the "live" class. I took a hands-on class with Leah Day last spring and I still enjoyed it even though I have purchased her Craftsy tutorials. IMO, it is fun to take classes with others who enjoy the same craft but do things differently.