Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Craftsy Creative Quilting With Walking Foot Class

Craftsy Creative Quilting With Walking Foot Class

Just wondering if any of you have purchased this class and what you think of it. It is on sale for $19.99 and I'm thinking about getting it.

I was lucky to have taken a quilting class at then my LQS that was taught by Harriet Hargrave. It was a wonderful experience and it improved my quilting skills much more than I had anticipated. There just isn't anything that replaces that one on one connection that you miss online. Just my opinion. Good Luck !
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Thanks Maniac, I know what you mean about the one on one learning, but no one around here offers any kind of class for doing fmq with a walking foot.

I bought that class about a month ago and have gone about half way through it. I like what I've seen. I haven't gotten to the part where she is doing things other than straight-line quilting. I think the next lesson is some curves.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    I was lucky to have taken a quilting class at then my LQS that was taught by Harriet Hargrave. It was a wonderful experience and it improved my quilting skills much more than I had anticipated. There just isn't anything that replaces that one on one connection that you miss online. Just my opinion. Good Luck !
    A teacher in a classroom can give you feedback on how you are doing and that is very valuable. But the online classes at craftsy allow you to view a technique multiple times with no obstructions. An in person class can be hit or miss on how well you can see, and if the teacher gets bogged down with one high maintenance student and doesn't have time to finish the whole presentation it is very frustrating.

I purchased that Craftsy class several months ago and REALLY liked it! Jacque Gehrig has a great teaching style and I got a lot of good walking foot quilting ideas from this class. I think it was well worth the money. But keep in mind I do ALL my quilting with a walking foot!!

I honestly think you can't go wrong giving it a shot at that price. You will get something out of it, even if it's something unexpected. Happened for me ;-)
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

I just finished it, and I think it is great! Jacquie is a great teacher. I learned lots - not just about walking foot quilting!

I've taken that class and loved everything about it! I do all of my own quilting on my domestic machine with its tiny 4 1/2 inch throat, and straight line quilting is what makes that possible. Here's my favorite thing I've quilted using Jacquie's instructions. It's a 30 inch wall hanging that won first place in my guild's radiant orchid color challenge this year.

Name:  tempestuous wall hanging.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  1.10 MB

[QUOTE=colorfulom;7015286 Here's my favorite thing I've quilted using Jacquie's instructions. It's a 30 inch wall hanging that won first place in my guild's radiant orchid color challenge this year.

[/QUOTE]
    Beautiful quilt! I love the use of the straight line quilting.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast