Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Craigs List find

Have any of you searched on Craigs List & found a bargain? Well I think I just did. I've been wanting an embroidery machine for over a year now. I really wanted one mostly to put names & dates on my projects. I can't afford an expensive one & couldn't find a used one cheep enough. My DH said he wanted me to go buy the one at WalMart so I would quit whining (and I was whining). Well Saturday while searching on Craigs List I found a Simplincity SE2 listed for $125 that said it worked great. It came with It's manual, and a big bag of extras. I called her on Tuesday (my next day off work) & made arrangements to see it. I drove 2 hours from my house (4 hour round trip) to the middle of nowhere (she said she had a lot of calls but no one wanted to drive that far & that's why she still had it) needless to say I came home with the machine. I know it's not fancy but it does more then I thought it would. She gave me a crash corse while I was there & said I could call her if I had any questions. I'm so excited! Now I'll have to find something else to whine about, lol.

awesome! great job hunting a deal. I hope it works great for you!!!!

Blog Entries
    Great find :thumbup: Now when do we get to see pics of the new beauty ? And some of the new projects we know you are busy with ? LOL Have fun :wink:

awesome find!

Quote Originally Posted by rutcat
    Have any of you searched on Craigs List & found a bargain? Well I think I just did. I've been wanting an embroidery machine for over a year now. I really wanted one mostly to put names & dates on my projects. I can't afford an expensive one & couldn't find a used one cheep enough. My DH said he wanted me to go buy the one at WalMart so I would quit whining (and I was whining). Well Saturday while searching on Craigs List I found a Simplincity SE2 listed for $125 that said it worked great. It came with It's manual, and a big bag of extras. I$ called her on Tuesday (my next day off work) & made arrangements to see it. I drove 2 hours from my house (4 hour round trip) to the middle of nowhere (she said she had a lot of calls but no one wanted to drive that far & that's why she still had it) needless to say I came home with the machine. I know it's not fancy but it does more then I thought it would. She gave me a crash corse while I was there & said I could call her if I had any questions. I'm so excited! Now I'll have to find something else to whine about, lol.
    I would wait on the whine.. :D

Congrats on your new machine!!

I love Craigslist...however, I see the price of FeatherWeights is up to 460$ and the 20$ tv that I offered; the person wants me to drive it to them about an hour away...
    Arrgghh...
    The bargins are there!
    Kirsten

Banned
    I advertised a car on Craigs list one time and got all kinds of junk email.

Great find! I scour Craigslist everyday....that's where I found my treadle the other day! I love my machine!

super find.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast