Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Cream Puff Christmas Tree, not the dessert

Question Cream Puff Christmas Tree, not the dessert

I see patterns for a fabric christmas tree, called Cream Puff Tree. Just wondering if anyone has done one, it says no sew, that is good, but how much hand sewing is there involved? Thanks caught my eye, they are cute.
    Here is a website with pattern
    http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/sto...&item_id=62958

Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Ive seen this in my LQS and the base was an old wooden spool. I would think you could make it from various sizes of circles made like yo-yo's and stuffed with cotton. Then sectioned off with embroidery floss. I would also use hot glue or fabric glue to assemble layers.
    Joyce

Blog Entries
    Don't know about this specific pattern, but the layers look like tomato pin cushions. For those you cut a circle, do a running stitch around the edge, stuff it with something draw the running stitch together to make a ball, then use a big needle and heavy thread to create the sections. not the best tutorial, but you can get the general idea from here:
    http://www.craftbits.com/project/tomato-pin-cushion
    make the circles graduated sizes and hot glue them together, or use a piece of stiff wire to secure them.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

They are very cute and would be easy to make. Gluing them to an empty thread cone would be a great way of making them also.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    They are very cute and would be easy to make. Gluing them to an empty thread cone would be a great way of making them also.
    Thanks for the replies, might not bother picking up a pattern but try it and see what happens, if I have time here.